What's going on with the Ford GT?? | FerrariChat

What's going on with the Ford GT??

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 6.0 se, Aug 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    All talk has stopped. Just checked ebay, and the bids are very low. Is it because they keep missing their production dates? Anyone know? Thanks

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i hope the bids stay low. to me personally it will not reflect negatively on the car as a performer but i will enjoy seeing the dealers get a dose of reality! it seems only ferrari can really get away w/ huge premiums.

i will however get one of the gt's and will use it as a fair weather daily driver.

pcb

3. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    if it ever comes out

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

yeah, you are right. i wonder what has caused the delay?

do you think it is fuel tank/mileage related?

5. the stranger

the stranger Karting

Feb 18, 2004
    Actually, the first one (that was bid up to $557K last year for charity) was delivered two weeks ago, and the second one last Monday to Jay Leno. Here's the link in case you missed it:

http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news040809_fordgt/

Of course this doesn't really say when us lowly commoners can have the chance to purchase one....

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm still first at the local dealer...no word in months...

--Dan

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the rumors i heard were that they had huge problems getting the thing on a diet.

i the end, they apparently had to do a bunch of work to the chassis to drop weight. as a result, i've heard they're pulling every 45th or 49th chassis off the line to be tested and destroyed to make sure it's structurally sound. this didn't instill much confidence in me.

i think the gas tank thing is sub-optimal. i'ts 40% smaller than a 360CS tank, for comparison. the car's got a short range - even if you're behaving. but i don't think it'll stop sales or production. how many people really drive their $150K cars from atlanta to las vegas regularly?

doody.

8. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I guess all in all, not a positive from the boys at Ford. So much hype, and now this. Maybe it will cause the pricing to get more in line to where it should be.

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Saw a red one with white stripes, being driven on the corner of Sunset Blvd and Beverly Glen about 9 days ago, at 11:15 am, by a gentleman that appeared to be in his mid 30s. Dark hair, slim build it seems.

Car didn't impress me much, to be honest.

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Heads up:

Didn't know if you guys knew, but the paint/assembling of the Ford GT will be done by Saleen.

Saleen opened a facility in Michigan, to solely cater to Ford motor co.