From one italian to the next! | FerrariChat

From one italian to the next!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by felix66, Aug 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    #1 felix66, Aug 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Some of you will know I put my 355 up for sale around a week ago. Good news is it has sold. It is a truly immaculate and rare car and the guy who bought it should be very happy with it.

so... the 355's gone only to be replacedby my new ride, a Gallardo. Hope noone objects if I continue to loiter in the hallowed grounds of ferrarichat UK (and of course, Lamborghinichat.com which sits at the bottom of the Fchat home page)?

Anyway, couple of pics for you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Felix My sincere condolances at the sad loss of yor Ferrari 355 i will be wearing a black armband for the rest of the day Also very sad that you have jumped ship and gone over to the other side We all hope you come back to Ferrari ownership soon Regards RAY360M

Ps Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerly car enjoy i really like the blue ..

3. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    Thanks Ray. Had only happy times with my 355 - really was sad to see it go although I had a great drive out to KHPC yesterday to drop it off for its PPI for the new owner - had one or two pangs of 'am I doing the right thing?'

Wanted a 360 Spider at first before 'jumping ship' but when they announced the 430 I just decided I wanted a car that would have 'legs' in terms of it being the latest model for at least a couple/few years. The only other way to have gone would be the F50 and I looked but couldn't find one that met my criteria (price, condition etc).

Anyway - I have no doubt I will back in the fold... eventually

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Felix,
    your 355 was stunning and so is Gallardo. Will you be able to make Donnington on Sunday. Would love to see car. Simon will be there with his Murci.
    Enjoy the Gallardo:)

5. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Nice interior. How does it compare to the 355?

6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Very nice, great colour too.

Did you get a decent price for the 355 ?

Rick

7. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Nice......Not my cup of Tea, But nice all the Same !

Congrats.....

Seb

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Felix very nice indeed,great colour and im sure very many crazy motoring days are ahead,enjoy

Dale.

9. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    The Murci will be there both days
    Sat in it today having seen it for the first time. I cant remember the last time I smiled as much! However I did'nt realise that first 500 miles, no more than 3500rpm. 500-1000miles 4500rpm. Oh dear. And the telemetry at the dealer records if you exceed these instructions.

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hey simon if you are busy i will have the first week in september off work and run it in for you

11. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    SIMON Are you going to change your "handle" now you have also jumped ship and got a Lambo ?

RAY360M (Ferrari)

12. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    No Ray, it sounds soppy I know but I love the 355 and I won't be changing my 'handle'. If it does'nt sell I might be forced into keeping it! No my first love will always be Ferrari even if I defect to the 'dark side' for a bit

13. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Simon-yours is a rosso/crema spider with 32k miles and tubi?

£48k yes? Stick it in topmarques and it will sell, I reckon.

14. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    I sold mine via Piston heads - It took a week start to finish including PPI and cash transfer from the bank. Given Pistonheads dowesn't cost anything I'd give that a go. I also advertised on Ferrari Ads and FOCUK website but had no response to those ads at all with two bizarre exceptions - Two seperate punters sent me badly worded emails demanding that I remove my car from sale and ship it to them where they would inspect it and if they liked what they saw - they would make me an offer. Both were in south asia!

To answer some of the other questions from this thread - The Gallardo is stunning. Its a different driving experience to the 355 slightly more fluid but slightly less engaging but no less rewarding. The sound of a V10 sat midships is fantastic - its growl is deeper than the 355s and less dependent on revs. You get a fair share of the power in tap in the first 1500 revs.

I got a good price for my car although as usual it didn't reflect the TLC (£s) that had been lavished on it. However, it was better than a trade in and it went to a good home and I am much happier with that. It really was a rare and stunning car and I know everyone reckons theirs is the best and so it will come as no surprise that I thought mine probably was the best.

My new car is a colour combination (I know everyone else will end up with yellow or orange but thats exactly why I didn't want to go for it - just like when I bought my Blu Le Mans 355) I thought would work on paper and the gamble was whether or not it would work in the flesh - it does. My preference for the manual and not the egear is based on comments from Tiff and JC in their roadtests and also from several magazine reviews - the gearchange is very slick and much much shorter than in the 355 - feels very sporty.

It has all the toys, aluminium coloured calipers, brembo assist, tracker horizen, heated folding mirrors, two tone leather, alcantara headlining, trickle charger, computer, six disc cd, electric seats, cover set, split cell aircon, litronics and all the usual stuff and comes as standard with those gorgeous 19" rims. I think the only thing I may change subject to the bosses approval (will she/won't she?) is replacing the engine lid with the transparent version.

Anyway - think I have answered everything now - like I said this is a great forum and I shall be liotering from time to time and gatecrash the odd drive out if noone objects.

15. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
  16. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon