575M Maranello question | FerrariChat

575M Maranello question

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F355_Berlinetta, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Can somebody please post pictures of the following options for the 575M Maranello?

2-piece interior suit carrier set
    rear leather shelf
    carbon fiber trim

Thanks in advance!

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    these snaps are from two 550s, but these interior bits should be identical to the 575M.

don't forget the 250GT style headliner option!

doody.

3. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Nice pics, my 550 didn't come with such an options, wouldn't mind having them. How could I order such options?.

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    theera - technically, you can order it from your local dealer. but basically it'll take who knows how many monhts or years and it'll cost you $5K to $10K by the time its' all said and done. better to find a local, really good leather person and have them make it. the leather is all available via the usual suspect suppliers. that should run you tons less.

PM me if you need more data.

doody.

5. I love the rear shelf and headliner quilted like that it looks amazing makes the car feel so rich.

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    There's no quilting in the 575.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    kizdan - are you sure it's not available as an option? it was an option on the 550.

doody.

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    If it is, I am unaware of it. It isn't listed on the option sheet. Maybe special order?

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Not available @ all. Sad, was great feature. Few ordered headliner to match. I have seen special request trans tunnel done as well, sorry, no pics.
    CF was 8k, really not worth it IMHO, less on 575 than on my 550...I had CF on my old one, and liked it.

Lee

10. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I saw one with a Carbon Fiber option 3 days ago. Its on the steering wheel, dash, paddles, and seats.

11. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I looked at a new 575 with the carbon fiber trim and a 2000 550 with carbon fiber. The option was basically identical. The center console and the trim around the guages is a nice feature, but I did not like the way the seats had the sides in carbon fiber that did not seem to flow with the contours of the seats where they met the leather. I elected to find a car without the carbon fiber package.
    gary

12. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    From pics i have seen i think Darth 550 may have the carbon fiber option, you should shout him a holla.

13. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Doody, thanks for your response. I've contacted a local supplier that could custom produce the rear shelf and roof lining for US$630 with imported leather from the UK, so the car is going to be sent to him within the next couple of weeks.

By the way, I'm certain that others have the same problem with the bubbling surface of their aircon control units for their cars. I've actually replace mine with a carbon fiber option that was custom built, great during the day but terrible at night because the back light isn't visible. Other items for the interior that were replaced include the carbon fiber bits for the dash and electric seat controls. For the engine the manifolds were given the "612-look", painting them red. Externally, the rims were replaced with those of the 575 and also had both of the front fenders modified in order to properly install the Scuderia shields. There's one thing that I couldn't modify, was replacing the steering wheel with the nicer looking 575 version, apparently the dealer told me that they would have to replace the entire air-bag system of my car. Now you are going to ask me, why don't I just get the 575, well I just think that the 550 is a better drive with that manual box.

14. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    The pictures you've posted were of the optional leather rear shelf of the 575M. The std 575 rear shelf would be the carpeted version. Doody's pictures, I believe, showed the optional leather shelf for the 550. The look/design of the optional leather rear shelf of the 575 IS DIFFERENT than that of the 550.

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    quilted trans tunnel on a barchetta

16. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I've also seen a 575M at Ferrari of Orange County with its tunnel covered with smooth matching leather instead of the standard carpeted version.

17. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I got mine from the factory with quilted rear shelf and headliner. It was a special order, but they did it without any problems. I can take pics when I'm back home in a weeks time.

18. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    theera - $630 sounds incredibly low. just getting connolly hides to match should cost many hundreds - if not $600 - never mind the labor. be careful. there's no need to go to UK to get leather - the guys at re-originals and others have leather. plus going to the UK you have to deal with currency conversionissues which makes the $630 number even more odd.

doody.

19. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Thanks your comments have been noted, more research is needed.