Autobahn/speedlimit related question. | FerrariChat

Autobahn/speedlimit related question.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by millemiglia, Aug 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Just curious.
    My wife and I have on several occasions driven through Germany from Puttgarten to Cannes, France via Switzerland.
    When the roads have been clear enough we have driven quite fast, +200 km/h, and it's only recently that I've understood that not all parts of the German Autobahn haven't got speedlimits.
    So my German friends, my question to your is, what parts of the German autobahn haven't got speedlimits?

/ Peter

2. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    well what do you think? ;) the ones with the sign: SpeedLimit ofcourse ;) LOL...

when there is a sign you have to keep that speed...that can be 130 - 100 - 80 or whatever. On all other highway parts the recommanded speed is 130 but you are allowed to go as fast as you like...if you don't drive dangerous!!

:D have fun! :)

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The unlimited autobahns are mostly in the south of Germany.
    I often drive the stretch from Singen to Stuttgart which is unlimited a large part of the way. Wolfgang or one of the other Germans here should be able to give you a more exact answer.

Cheers
    Simon

4. millemiglia

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    That's the reason why I'm asking.
    On most parts of the roads we've used the signs say 130, but especially on the evenings and at night, most cars go *alot* faster than that.
    And so did we...

/Peter

5. millemiglia

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    We usually use the A7 to Frankfurt and then the A5 to Basel.
    We've been driving as if there were no speedlimits.

/Peter