360 spider Red Or Silver? Ferrari Exhaust? | FerrariChat

360 spider Red Or Silver? Ferrari Exhaust?

Discussion in '360/430' started by gecko916, Aug 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gecko916

gecko916 Rookie

Jun 26, 2004
    Ok ,
    I am going to finalize my options for my 05 spider, and I cannot decide between Red or Silver.

I love them both, but if anyone has any feedback that would be great!

With Red Will black go, or should I stick with Tan?

Any long term draw backs on resale on either? I am also open to any other suggestons for colors.

Should I order the Racing Exhaust or get the Tubi After which "voids" the warranty :)

thanks

2. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    First off, Congratulations. Personally I would go silver, i think it looks cooler and there are probably as many Ferraris in red as in all the other colors put together. Also, red with black interior would look great, personally i think its better than the red/tan. Just my 2 cents.

David

3. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    Albeit they look awesome, there is an over-abundance of red Ferrari's, so I would go with silver. Gregio Alloy is an AWESOME color!

As for exhaust, I would either go with Tubi, or Capristo which is lounder and cheaper!!

Either way you WILL be happy

4. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Ferrari's silver is too light and bland looking. Dealers have told me it's much harder to sell silver 360s. If you want a lighter color, I would suggest titanium.

Red is way too common and doesn't look particularly good on the 360 (JMO). But it's not called resale red for nothing.

How about some other less common color? eg, Spiders look stunning in black!

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #5 titanium360, Aug 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    #6 jeff, Aug 20, 2004
  7. paulb

paulb Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradley
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Silver over Red but my favorite is Titanium.

8. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
  9. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I suggest Grigio Ingrio (GI), Grigio Titanio (GT), or TDF Blue for a 360 Spider.

Because the 360's shape is at once complex and smooth, red, especially on the Spider, overwhelms the shape's intrinsic beauty. Similarly, Argento/Silver, does almost too little for the shape. It washes out in the sun, but it sparkles at night.

GI is subtle, but with Crema sports seats and matching rollbar, and gold calipers, it is devastating. I believe one member used to own this same specimen.

TDF is simply very rich and deep, especially in the sun, especially with Cuoio interior.

GT, metallico esp., probably does more than any other color to accentuate the natural beauty of the 360's lines. With Cuoio interior and rollbar, it is simply gorgeous.'

My personal favorite, and the color I've seen very little of is Grigio Ferro Metallico. It's more pale than GI, but it has a metallic sparkle like GT
    metallico.

Look in the showroom and search the archives for pictures of the above colors. You'll see what I mean. Good luck and enjoy.

Cavallini

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Tubi does not void the warranty. I'm a little partial to the titanium ;)

11. udalmia

udalmia Guest

a bit high maintanance (seats get dirty)

TDF With Crema Seats and Blue Stitching and Blue piping

12. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    get Grigio Titanio with Bordeaux leather.

13. 9software

9software Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Get red/tan. Absolutely best color for resale. Try calling a dealer to sell it to and the first thing they ask you is "is it red/tan". A lot of dealers won't even bother keeping a Ferrari in stock unless it's red/tan unless they really nail you on your trade.
    Yellow/tan is a georgeous combo - i just sold my yellow/tan. Sounds wierd thinking about it but it really looks good and keeps it from getting too hot.

14. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    It depends what your intentions are for the car. If you are trying it out, but might end up selling it in a year, go red and be safe. If this is your dream car and want to be burried with it, get whichever floats your boat the most!

I would suggest Grigio Alloy or Titanium over Sabia sport seats, with leather matched roll bars, but that might just be me if I were in your shoes!

15. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Red 360 with Tan Sports seats and FULL Tubi Style exhaust system

Mark my words.....UNBEATABLE!!

16. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Red, tan, hifi, shields, calipers, modular wheels, daytona seats, F1 and tubis.
    You'll be tickled pink when it's in your garage....and when you starterup. Trust me.

That's the ticket!!!

17. gecko916

gecko916 Rookie

Jun 26, 2004
    How much would one pay for a Tubi installed? No advantage buying the Ferrari Exhaust? Anyone have the Ferrari Exhaust?

18. My favorite = Pozzi/Creme or Pozzi/Natrual but between Silver or Red I would pick red with Tubi Exaust,GruppeM intake, and ECU you have your self a perfect 360.

19. bgomez

bgomez Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    #19 bgomez, Aug 22, 2004
    I just picked up my titanium 360 and it does have the Ferrari sport exhaust system. I only have about 90 miles on it so I don't truly know what it will sound like but I was told it is the same exhaust that is on the Stradale. I have to say I do like the way the Tubi looks better but at around $4600. it is about the same as an installed Tubi and you don't have to mess with the installation process. As far as color goes; my favorites are Red/tan, grigio titanio/blue or black, Titanium/black or maybe blue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login