MEGA PICTURE & VIDEO THREAD! | Page 13 | FerrariChat

MEGA PICTURE & VIDEO THREAD!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Spasso, Dec 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  2. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Quik celeb pic. Mr.Panoz chatting away, and Mr.Panoz checking out his car after the race.

Oh and last but not least. The only Ferrari entry.

Enjoy.

3. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Wow, great pics Vasco!

Too bad the Bulls didn't run...

4. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    wow buddy... thanks for the awesome pics.... must have been great being there.... who won the race after all? that Saleen S7 looks too slick for words... it'd be a hard choice picking a favourite between those 2... although i bet the saleen is quicker

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Hey Vasco, I see you were on the right side of the fence for some of those great closeup pictures! Nice variety of makes; some of those cars reflect the close (and too close) competition out there. Where is the next 'road trip' to?
    ch

6. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Well done, Vasco!

Was the shot of the Panoz with the racer's tape on the hood taken before or after the race? If it was before, I guess it's no surprise the hood flew off!

7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Hi, yes most of those pics were taken during the end of the race (as you can see by the wear and tear they all faced) where all the cars get corralled in that section for inspection.

And yes the hood did fly off. Luckily for my colleague's son, that hood flew off and right into his bedroom as a momento. Really cool. but that's what you get when your dad is to distribute Panoz in Ontario ;-)

I may add, Dan Panoz is a wonderful guy. I got to meet and work with him briefly last winter (got pics of that somewhere too LOL).

P.S THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS. I AM HAPPY YOU LIKE MY FOTO'S

8. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Yes that is right, I was on the "right" side of the fence. They really don't allow people in their because of the officials inspecting the cars post-race.

Rounder remember just a couple of years ago those fences were unheard of, people were able to get right in there. But watching the Lemans is still great, as you can see you still get to go very close to the cars.

Thanks again Dan P. ;-)

As for the next "road trip" Well, I don't know. I'll keep my ear to the ground. There is alot of stuff I dont get to go to. But I need to change that.

I do know that .........Europe here I come, just a couple more' weeks babay YEAH!

;-)

Vasco.R

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Thanks Vasco for sharing your pictures. They're all nice!!

10. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Very cool! I like that Saleen!

11. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    #311 mechanka, Aug 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Wow wicked pics man, how was that murcielago GT in action?? must have been a sweet sounding beast

13. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    agreed, the murc looked AWESOME, how did it do

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

No problemmo Mr.John. Anytime!

15. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    i have to say that the saleen looks like the slickest ride there... i wonder if anyone in toronto / ontario owns 1

16. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Can't be from Ontario. That is a racecar from the U.S. In Canada the only Saleen S7 Dealer is in Montreal (Autobugatti) and the last time I spoke to Joe at the auto show he told me he hasnt sold any S7's in Canada yet. The S7's they use are customer's car's from the states to show at Canadian auto event's such as Jim Carrey's (Yes, the silver S7 from Bruce Almighty is actually Jim's) And also that crazy red one you see in the Gillete commercials was used on display here in Canada too.

But since the winter, who know's if there has been any sales. Maybe there is one up from the states? Who knows, but for $500,000.00 it is a tuff sale.

In case anyone wanted to know LOL

Cheers

Vasco.R

17. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    yea, but with those specs... i would think that maybe a lambo owner would double guess his purchase and go for a saleen instead no?... personally i'd still take the lambo .... italian > american

18. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    Well guys, the Lambo didn't run at all when I was there - Scott Maxwell’s wife said that in practice the wishbone was bending so they aborted the race for safety and economical reasons - if I remember correctly, one of the Lambos crashed-out and had some serious damage due to the suspension problems, earlier that weekend. I don't know, but somebody didn't do their job well - it's a very bizarre failure. Too bad...would have love to see them run – there is always next year!

Cheers

Anka

19. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    boooo, oh well atleast there were plenty of other cars there to make you feel like a giddy schoolgirl on a sugar high .... ;) although i would think the lambo would be the best attraction there!

20. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    LOL!!!!

21. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    Hey JoeV..I'm serious about Ron :) :) - I think he's a real Looker!! My good friend has known him for years and says that he is a really good guy too.

Quote:
    "boooo, oh well atleast there were plenty of other cars there to make you feel like a giddy schoolgirl on a sugar high ...."

Hi clyde_fernan

Oh yeah, I was a "giddy schoolgirl" alright! But you are right - I wanted to see the Lambos out on the track...I'm sure they will be there next year thought.
    Anyway, you guys have a good weekend - let me know if there are any automotive related events any time soon...school starts soon and I won't be able to think about anything else till Christmas :(

Anka

22. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey Anka - whatever floats your boat! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Great driver is all I can say about Ron :) Maybe he's single? :)

23. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    No no JoeV... he's married - to a good looking wife too. I'm happily “involved” myself - but looking never hurt anyone (at least I hope not) :)

Anka

24. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    The silver on tan 355 was an interesting story. The car was 4 days old and I chatted with the owner. Apparantly Ferrari did not want to make him a 355 in that colour combination (why I do not know because it was stunning). The owner told his dealer that he bought 4 Ferraris in 3 years so I AM getting a 355 in silver/tan. It must be nice when cash talks like that.

On another note, both my brother and myself had a wonderful time but one of my true highlights came in the parking lot of the Ontario Science Centre. I do not know if it was related to the show but parked in one of the spots like anything else was a 1955 (or near) Mercedes 300SL Gullwing red / tan with Ontario plates. The car was in very average condition and in need of a restoration but nevertheless being driven and enjoyed. That made my day.