Movie Spotters Thread (merged with 3 other threads on the "Sin City" 348)... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Movie Spotters Thread (merged with 3 other threads on the "Sin City" 348)...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Another one for you Andreas:

License to Drive 1988. Red 308 GTSi.

2. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I know about this one but was never able to find a copy of it. Must have been a real box office hit...nott.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Actually, I have a copy (VHS). Not sure if I should be ashamed of that or not. LOL.

Incidentally, I thought of another one:

Caddy Shack 2. There is a scene where a blonde goes to meet Jackie Mason, I think. Anyway, outside of his door is what looks to be a yellow 275 GTS. Can anyone confirm the model?

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    A Night at the Roxbury - yellow Testarossa (modern), driven by the "actor"

7. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I know this thread is about movies, but I couln't resist posting this:

There is an episode of Knight Rider, 3rd or 4th season, in which Michael and KITT must stop a group of rich guys who street race exotic cars. There was a Lotus Esprit Turbo, and a Porsche but the ring-leader drove a gold Ferrari 308GTS. Apparently NBC could not use the name Ferrari, so they called the car "The Dagger DX" There are some cool chase scenes, lots of interior and exterior shots of the Ferrari. At the end the 308 is being chased by KITT, and a light on it's dashboard comes on that reads "Brake Failure". The 308 skids to a stop at the edge of a cliff, just in time for Michael Knight to save the day. So very Hollywood.....

I would love to see this episode again, if only for a good laugh.....

Alex

8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    There was also an episode of Hunter from the late 80's in which a blonde drives a red/tan 328 GTS throughout. There were quite a few driving scenes in the episode. It was nice.

9. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I did not see it listed but "The Glass House" (2001) has a testarossa that gets smashed by a semi in a car chase.

10. In the movie "Swordfish" the main character stands infront of a silver 360 Spider for about 5 minutes.

In "Juwanna Man" the main character has a red F355 Spider in his driveway.

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um, i meant to say a 355 Spider, not a 360 Spider, and the name of the movie, which i finally got last night, is Tunnel Vision...

Also, saw some b-rate movie last night with Dolph Lungren as a prison escapee of some sort... There were what appeared to be 3 Countaches and 3 F40s in the movie; one of which - if there was more than one - was definitely a replica - the other two probably were, as well...

The subtle irony of the movie, though, was the evil cop in the Countach, chasing the innocent "villain" - Dolph Lungren - who was in the F40... Some of the exhaust notes and engine sounds sounded real... Anyone have any input on this flick - unfortunately, i didn't catch the name of it...

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Something doesn't compute NNO: Tunnel Vision is from 1976, no 355 Spiders at that time. Unless this B flick stole the title.

On the Lundgren topic, here a list of his movies, maybe you remember the title?

Agend Red
    Army of One
    Blackjack
    Bridge of Dragons
    Cover up
    Detention
    Hidden agenda
    Hidden assassin
    Jill the ripper
    Johnny Mnemonic
    The last warrior
    Masters of the universe
    Men of war
    The Minion
    The Peacekeeper
    The Punisher
    Showdown in Little Tokyo
    Storm catcher
    Sweepers
    Universal soldier

Sheesh I rarely recognize any of these. Must have gotten straight to video tapes. Yikes.

13. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    They go through the sand on back roads and the guy in the F40 has a hot girl with him and he sorta blows her off but they start going at it?? lol
    Its gotta be the movie! They are ALL kits! not bad kits but yes kits i bought the movie about 5 years ago had to add to the collection let me go to the archives!

-jt

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Take your time. Netflix and I are waiting...

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, yes, that's EXACTLY the movie...! She's a cop and they're running around in the desert...! LOL... i'm glad i'm not the only one who watches this stuff... :D

16. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

ARMY OF ONE!!! LOL I FOUND IT

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Your not the only crazy! hahahah trust me! Now maybe you can help me! hahaha there was a movie in the 1980s that had a red countach in it and a Mercedes SEC and a cadillac and featured 3 cops...it might have been a mini series or tv show but it featured the countach alot...I cant find it! Ive seen it once and that was it!

-jt

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You're not thinking of Cannonball Run or Cannonball Run II, are you...? i don't remember any other movie or tv show with cars like that... Quite frankly, i don't even remember what an SEC looks like... LOL... :)

19. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I know that I have mentioned this movie before, but still a great movie with a Ferrari.

"In Your Wildest Dreams"

A 308 has a great deal of screen time.

There is a scene that takes place in a dealership. I have been told that it is either MAG or Steve Harris. Anyone know?

Mostly the red 308. But there is a shot or two of a TR in the dealership. A few Alfas in the same scene.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Some great and never heard of movies are coming out of the woodwork. Fantastic!

21. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Ehh, that movie is named "Joshua Tree" isn't it? Im pretty sure. :)

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok, i spotted a yellow F512M Convertible - yes, Convertible - in some b-rate movie last night, with one of the Baldwin brothers driving... Not sure which Baldwin it was, but i've seen him in a lot of b movies... Anyone have any idea...?

In this movie - which i didn't see much of - he was very wealthy (hence the yellow F512M rag top) and turned out to be a villain...

23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Yeah, I remember that the female co-star had great tits!

24. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex

The Peterson Auto Museum in L.A. has a Black F512M Convert. The car has an Ostrich interior and aftermarket wheels. It was on a VHS tape titled "The Ferrari Experience"

I wonder how many of these have been made. It must be far fewer than the TR converts made in the 80s.....

25. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    was just flipping through and saw a 328 and a bunch of Lambos in this movie It Takes Two.