videos accentuating engine sound | FerrariChat

videos accentuating engine sound

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ashsimmonds, Aug 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    heya, i've downloaded teraflops of car videos, and i'm always disappointed that for all the things glorious about these cars, the NOISE of them seems like a "who cares" issue in the videos.

there just doesn't seem to be any videos around which give any level of fidelity and justice to the italian symphony.

the maserati video in this thread has the best sound i've heard on a video, and i watch it at least a couple times a week. if you haven't dl'd it, i suggest you do (i've managed to compress it to 750kb whilst retaining almost as good quality, but max upload here is 488.3kb :( )

anywho, adjust the direction of your finger toward any good sources of car vids with a top soundtrack.

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    You need to buy Victory By Design: Ferrari

and the 1/24 scale F-1 Ferrari w/ bonus CD-ROM at Autozone stores.

And maybe Rendevous (sp?).

Those 3, on DVD will have you covered for engine sounds!!

KevFla

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    O God yes that is a great video, can watch it over and over and it never gets boring

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    If you have any instant messangers... PM me your screen names on them and I will send you a whole slew of videos like you want.

6. artn

artn Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Great thread!

I love how cars sound, and I am always on the look out for nice sound clips.

I checked out some vids from the testshoot's site, and there were lots of gems there. (the sound of the red F355 on the dyno? just outta sight!)

Here's my humble contribution of an oddball clip (no video):

It's a short sound clip of Honda's first F-1 winner from '65. Tiny N.A. 1.5l V-12.

Sounds pretty puny and small, but I like the frentic energy of the little high revving motor.
    (you must click the little button thingy next to the car.)

http://www.honda.co.jp/SoundofHonda/sort/ra272.html