Some important info | FerrariChat

Some important info

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mobility, Aug 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mobility

Mobility Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    I just registered with this forum to pass along some hard won intelligence. I am an active member of a Mercedes forum and we have had a problem that you maybe interested in. One of my fellow E55 owners has apparently gotten "taken" by another member that is also a member of this forum. I make no judgements; all I ask is you make your own decisions before you send any money or take any advise from this member. We would love to get a response from this member but after taking almost $7,000 from another member for product that never was sent he has mysteriously disappeared from our forum. Again, if I am wrong I apologize in advance but infomation needs to tavel fast if it is of any use.
    http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78782&referrerid=13212

Regards

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    That's terrible... Fchat has a pretty amazing group of people who have a habit of rooting out these scammers though. Time to cook up some popcorn and watch this one unfold :) Thanks for the heads up!

-R

3. Mobility

Mobility Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    That what it is all about. A community that shares helpful information.

4. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Mobility
    I suggest you ascertain the facts before jumping to conclusions. I was pleased to see that NO ONE bothered to contact me regarding the ongoing controversy until the forum admins emailed me today to let me know what was going on.

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
  6. Mobility

Mobility Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    "I make no judgements; all I ask is you make your own decisions before you send any money or take any advise from this member. We would love to get a response from this member but after taking almost $7,000 from another member for product that never was sent he has mysteriously disappeared from our forum. Again, if I am wrong I apologize in advance but infomation needs to tavel fast if it is of any use."

Stephens,
    Again if I am wrong I apologize but I di not jump to conclusions as you can see from what I posted. We just wanted a response and you were active on this forum. You woul have done the same thing. Members look out for each other. I hope this gets resolved to everyone satisfaction.

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If this issue was resolved to everyone's satisfation, I will close this thread.

8. Mobility

Mobility Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    To finalize one of our members did loss money. All I ask that that you be aware of who you send money too......

Direct post from my message board by a few of my members......
    "I just logged on and wanted to respond to Stephen's comments just to "clear things up"

<<STEPHEN: Just to be clear, I WAS slack in refunding Isaac, from his perspective, but what may have started as a legitimate beef, has turned into a lie.>>

Stephen -- I got my $$ from my bank issuing a credit to my credit card for $6,300. As you know you failed to ship the goods for 60 days (promised it on day 10-15) and failed to remit payment for multiple requests. I don't want to go back and sling **** all over this forum but i have saved every last correspondence and have numerous (> 5) requests to you for a refund "ASAP".

I was honestly completely suprised when you sent me $5,800 in paypal - I assume it was prompted because my credit card company was contacting you and that it was become apparrently real that I claimed fraud.

<< STEPHEN: I was accused of "stealing" Isaac's money and him relying on a CC chargeback to get his money back. - SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
    I am sure that Isaac will fix up the "double dipping", but right now I am the party who is out, not him as has been portrayed here. [SELL BELOW]>>

Lets see Stephen, 70+ e-mails, 30+ phone calls, your actions indicated that you had NO intention of providing the goods as requested. My credit card company INSTANTLY realized your "customer service" behavior by pouring though all correspondence and issued a refund immediatlely. They deemed by their business procedures that you were a fradulent and in the wrong on this transaction. They said I waited beyond the call of duty to see if you would materialze as a reputable merchant. I am still thoroughly convinced that if they did not step in you would have my $$ today.

I am sorry but I do not trust you. You did not earn my trust or respect. I don't care how busy you are, we are all busy. At the end of the day you:

A) Wasted 60 days of my time trying to procure mods for my car
    B) Essentially required me to have to make $400 in phone calls to you to inquire where the hell the goods where.
    C) Lied about "the package is in the mail and shipped", yes I am using the "L" word.
    D) My net loss was $400 (phone calls) + $6,300-5,800. = $900. You sent me a paypal transaction of only $5,800 NET so I lost $300 and $250 on the transaction fee -- I WAS aware of the $250 but the rest I wasn't. You have your $$ back...I am ethical and remain ethical. If I wanted to I could have been a pain in your ass for 60 days and waited to send you back your money but I am better than that.
    E) A burtal PITA, I will never deal with your lousy customer service and will urge those that want to deal with a reputable, responsive and ethical dealer to avoid you at all cost.

Lessons for you:

1) You are dealing with Mercedez Benz's owners not Honda Civic owners -- you must treat your customers fairly and with respect or you will lose respect. You know where I stand.

2) If you don't serve your customers someone else will like EVOSport or Kleeman or Carrlson or Renntech, get the point? We have CHOICES.

3) If you are so darn busy why don't you hire a $10/hr. secretary to ship the crap for you. That way you are outsouring the critical fullfillment piece that you were unable to satisfy. You could even pass along this fee to the customer. Why am I giving you advice on how to run your business??

Lessons for me:

1) I am entirely way too naive for sending $6,300 via paypal to someone that doesn't even have a tuner company, tuner website, or has ever shipped a E55 kit to the US -- at least no one on this forum responded to several inquiries that they had your kit.

2) A quality car like the E55 should be mated with quality and reputable dealers that have transactional history

3) You pay what you get for -- I just paid essentially $1000 to have a terrible experience --- one that I will never forget.
    '94 Toyota Supra (424 rwhp - sold)
    '93 Mazda RX7 TT (400hp - sold)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by e55 baller : 08-27-2004 at 11:18 PM.

e55 baller
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to e55 baller
    Find More Posts by e55 baller
    Add e55 baller to Your Buddy List

08-28-2004, 02:10 AM #92
    OzSL55

Posts: 20 I just got my SL55 upgraded from a different source here in OZ and the parts and software only set me back the equivelent of $US5300. I was advised by a long time friend in the aftermarket game, after mentioning I'd seen an ad in popular local car mag, to stay away from the tuner mentioned in this thread....I'm glad I did by all accounts...

My upgrade experience was it took about 2 weeks to organise the parts, which included a properly modified stock pulley and ECU software. Then approx. 3 hrs total time to fit and I was back on the road enjoying my new found HP.

OzSL55
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to OzSL55
    Find More Posts by OzSL55
    Add OzSL55 to Your Buddy List

08-28-2004, 07:22 AM #93
    EWCIII2001
    Almost a Member!

Vehicle I drive: 04 E55
    Posts: 44 e55baller, your whole experience proves why scams work and con artistry is a lucrative business. And I'm not saying Stehens is any such thing. I'm talking you going down this road and putting out so much money without the assurances common sense would dictate be there in such a transaction. Here, it wasn't even the something for nothing scenario. It was going for something that seemed really great, while the part of the brain that handles logic was told to hush up. We've ALL been there at some point in time if we're honest with ourselves. Take it as a valuable life lesson and move on. You lost some money and time and whatever, but look at it this way. For the rest of your life you will look more completely into things and make transactions very cautiously. Eventually, you'll come out on the plus side."

EWCIII2001
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to EWCIII2001
    Send email to EWCIII2001
    Find More Posts by EWCIII2001
    Add EWCIII2001 to Your Buddy List

08-28-2004, 11:23 AM

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Wait for it.....wait for it....Popcorn in the microwave....beer at the ready...