My Monterey Thank-You Thread... | FerrariChat

My Monterey Thank-You Thread...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Aug 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Got home late last night; back in Atlanta, making up for 'lost' time... Don't know when i'll be able to post stories and pictures since about 1,000 of my pictures are still in California, but when i can, i will... However, i just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone i met out there... i had a really wonderful time...

Jordan, thanks for letting me crash at your place; it was much better than a hotel and your folks are really cool... Plus, the chance to hear you play your bass was rarer than most of the cars in Monterey... Thank you...

Mark, thanks... Um... For taking embarrassing pictures of me... Um... ...? No, wait, thanks for letting me download MY pictures on to your computer so i could take more... Yeah... That embarrassing pictures thing is something we'll have to work out privately, with large sums of cash... :) It was great to finally meet you... Next time, leave your camera at home... :D

Rick Doria, it was a pleasure meeting you, as well... The food at your restaurant was great... Thanks for letting me giggle like a little school girl at your house while playing air hockey... Not too many people will put up with me giggling like a little school girl... :)

L. Wayne Ausbrooks... What can i say...? It was awesome to finally meet you... i'm glad we had a chance to hang out as much as we did; despite my constant fumbling of facts, i still learned a lot... i look forward to picking your brain more at the next event... :)

Rob Lay... Thanks for the t-shirt; thanks for asking me for bandwidth money when we met at dinner that night... & thanks for letting me wedge my fat ass in your car, so i could see what it's like... i think Jenny got a real kick out of how much trouble i had getting out... It was awesome to see you race around the track... It was nice to meet your Texas crew, too...

Nika... Nika, Nika, Nika... Where should i start...? Thank you VERY much; for everything... Mike, too... i really appreciate it... i don't want to get into too much detail here, i'd rather save it for the many write-ups i have planned, but thank you... It was so nice to finally meet you... i've met some unbelievably awesome people on here and you're one of them...

Mr. G. & Family... Thanks for keeping me updated; thanks for the laughs, the stories, the perspective, the whole nine... Where can i get a white suit like the one you wore to the FCA Concours...? :)

Faisal... It was a pleasure to finally meet you in person... It's unfortunate we didn't have more time to hang out, but the ride in the TVR was awesome... It was like exposure to a completely different culture - and not just because the wheel is on the "other" side...! :D

Bobafett, Vincent, Rob Guess, Henry Tran, Gabe and the other members who showed up to Jordan's very successful FerrariChat dinner - it was great to finally meet you all...

Edvar, it was great to finally meet you and be able to chat with you... i look forward to more of that in the future...

FerrariBoy & Co. - the only person on FerrariChat who's as cool as David is his dad... Now i see where David gets it from... David, it was great to finally meet you and your father... i look forward to seeing you folks again the next time i'm out in California...

Peter Sedlak... Thanks for getting together with us for dinner and karting... Even though i was dead last in BOTH races, it was still a lot of fun... i'm glad i finally got to meet you, too...

Jerry Slagle... Thanks for joining us for karting and thanks for letting us check out your car, afterwards... It's so unbelievably gorgeous... It was great to finally meet you and Melissa...

Art, it was really nice meeting you and your wife at the FerrariChat dinner... i don't remember seeing you at any of the events, but i'm glad i got to meet you at dinner...

Brigitte... Sigh... It was great to finally meet you - it's your camera whose acquaintance was NOT my pleasure...! :D

John Houghtaling, it was great seeing you again and seeing your beautiful Countach for the first time... It looked like it just rolled out of the factory...

Darth550... It was great to finally put a face to the name... i'm glad we had time to hang out in a relaxed environment - everything in Monterey was one thing after another... Thanks for the "other thing", too, which i'll refrain from mentioning until i can do a write-up on it... :)

Mule... Thanks for the toy...! It's awesome...! It's already here in the office with my other stuff... It was also great to finally meet you... :)

There are other folks as well, who would prefer to keep their privacy, like the old man by the F1 garages... That's cool... Thank you; you know who you are...

i'm sure i'm forgetting some folks and i'll add to this as i remember them - please don't be offended, i'm just very forgetful... It was great to finally meet so many of you and reacquaint myself with so many others... It was really an awesome series of events with a bunch of awesome people to hang out with... Thanks a lot, everyone. :)

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

The dinner was great. Diane and I didn't spent a great amount of time at the events, but we were lucky enough to have lunch with Jenny and Rob on Sunday, Lunch with Jim (after he took time to show me the details of his absolutely great car). It was a fun weekend for all, I'm sure.

Art

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, yeah, Jim...! Jim Muise...! i knew i'd forget someone...!

Jim, it was great to finally meet you, too...! Thanks for the poster and the TDM issue... How'd it go with Bangle...?

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks to Carbon for coming down! Had a great time buddy - Look forward to seeing you again.

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Carbon, thanks for the poster! Your awesome!

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO @ your avatar...!

No sweat, Patrick, it was my pleasure...

7. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hey Carbon, it was good meeting you and Jordan (albeit it was a short encounter!) at the Cannery Row. I couldn't join the fchat gatherings bec. I had to split my time bec. the wife and son were with me.

Ron

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i knew i forgot someone else...! i probably forgot others, too... Sorry, Ron... It was great meeting you... Be sure to make more time for next year's event... :)

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Carbie..The pleasure was all mine! You were the wild nut I thought you would be! And again, thanks for picking up dinner at Chilie's, a classy touch. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. The same goes toward the great group I met for karting on Wednesday night....Jordan, Jerry, Rick, etc., etc.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It was great meeting you also! Look forward to hanging out again at the track or karting again.

11. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    NNO mate it looks as though you had a good time, cant wait for the pics, more so Jordans, glad you are back, missed youre wit and humour, now get posting, Jordan hurry up with the pics of our friend.

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Hey Carbon!

Out of everyone... and I have to stop and think about the odds... but I saw you many times over the weekend. It was good to talk with you face to face, you're a cool dude. Hope to see you at future events!

- Gabe

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Thanks Carbon, it was a pleasure to meet you. I really enjoyed eatin pizza, checking out FoOC, and go-karting with you. Hopefully next year I can make it out to Monterey, wish I could have gone this year. See you next time your in California!

14. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Carbon,

It was a pleasure seeing you again (though only briefly) at Ricks Haus of Pizza. Best Wishes.

Dom

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There's someone else i forgot...! Dom, it was great seeing you again, too... Maybe next time you can ride up with us to the event...

David, Gabe, Peter, it was great meeting you folks... See you next time i'm out there...

Steve, as soon as Mark gets those pictures to me, i'll begin posting them... :)

16. benjet

benjet Formula 3

Jan 14, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Lobenstein
    Good meeting you Carbon (albeit breif).

-Ben

17. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hey buddy, I had a blast hanging out with you. Now you have to come out and check out my new dorm room. The college babes are plentiful *holds up "Id hit it" sign* :)