Storage Lifts | FerrariChat

Storage Lifts

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 410SA, Aug 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I am considering installing a couple of lifts primarily for storage. The best brand I have found on-line seems to be AUTOLIFTERS from Kansas (autolifter.com). Does anyone here have any experience with them? Any other lifts that F chatters are pleased with?

2. mv4

mv4 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    So. Cal
    alex I just had mine installed last week. I love it. I had another company come out and install it and they said this is a much better lift then the one they sell.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    lots of discussion in the archives on this.

autolifters, among others, use solid posts - as opposed to C-channel posts. this is a good thing, imo.

doody.

4. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Alex,

I've had an AutoLifters M6 since 1999. I've very pleased with the unit and heartily recommend their products. The sales video from Autolifters is very convincing -- they put a car in the hoist at the highest locking position and repeatedly ram one of the corner posts without lift failure. Impressive indeed.

See the following page for a nice comparison of a number of manufacturer's units: http://www.nwtbirds.com/lifts%20compared.htm. I'm not certain who put the information together, but it's a convenient spot to look at the differences between units. I've not checked it for accuracy, so Buyer Beware.

The Autolifters unit is very robust; I'd absolutely purchase another one if the need arose.

Brad

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    With the amount of cars you have why not just build another garage?

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
  7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I am, but I still need more space. Lifts seem to be the way to go especially with some of the older cars that will really only get special drives (club meets, concours, etc)

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I've searched the archives and the M6 of Autolifters has received several positive comments, except for the fact that they drop off at your driveway and you have to arrange installation yourself. I would prefer a quality lift that is supplied and installed by the seller. Two other brands I found are Teamlift and Eagle. Any comments?

My new garage should be ready by November and I will also install two lifts in the existing garage.

That's when I will bring all of the "oldies" to Phoenix from CA.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    eagle and team are both c-channel lifts.

doody.

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I have a TeamLift lift that cost me $2600 total, which included the lift, delievery and installation which was arranged by TeamLift. I can park my Boxer on top and my M5 below with a 10 feet high garage ceiling. You should note that Team makes lifts for a lot of other companies that the brand them as theirs with a higher price. I'm very happy with mine. See www.teamlift.com

11. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning toward Team for their included installation. I'll never have a car weighing 7,000 lbs on these lifts, so the c-channel issue isn't really a factor.