'FChat Bay' anyone? | FerrariChat

'FChat Bay' anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Aug 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I thought it would be cool to have our own buy and sell section. I have a bunch of cool stuff that I don't use that I would sell to other members at a great price.

Where's our moderator to set it up?

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I would like to see this. It would be cool to have a general for sale section, where we can sell/buy stuff from other members. Sort of like an internet garage sale. :)

You have my vote, but you gotta PM the boss on this one. :)

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I have cool stuff I could give to friends a great prices too.

Sound good to me.

Things like Montblanc pens I dont use...

Movie props.....

Hell, anyone want some older Armani suits?

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    My eBay experience is limited but I would guess that running an auction/sale site could be a real headache for Rob. There are enough disputes around here without any money involved and there is still the occasional Chris Sawyerr or Likeyoudontknow to cause trouble. On the other hand a forum for paying members to link to eBay auctions might be interesting and would keep transactions a little bit seperate from Fchat.

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I don't think it would be an auction style place Mark. If I understood it correctly, it would be a forum just like this one, except you would post "Marks black socks for sale" thread. :)

I know Clublexus and couple of other boards have it, and its pretty cool. People sell old tvs/gym equipement/clothes/shoes and whatever else.

Its a good idea imho, because I can buy some of the stuff and donate it to the kids families that I tutor. (I guess its self interest, but hey). :)

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I have a Rolls Royce fender among other items I need to sell.

This sounds like a good idea to me.

7. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Sounds good! As an avid enthusiast, Im always looking to pick up cool memorabelia, etc. Usually, there exorbitantly priced, and out of my range. Maybe the benevolence of some fchatters to fchatters might be helpful!;)

8. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    I have to think running a good auction set up would be pretty complicated....however it is a great idea. What would probably be easier is to have a for sale section where you could post and item with pictures/info and have people PM you bids. Just a thought.

David

9. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was going to sell this on Ebay but due to the estimated high shipping costs, it wasn’t worth me posting for what I wanted for it. If anyone needs a late 80’s to mid 90’s Silver Spur sedan right front fender that has never been used, PM me for the details.

Thanks

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Not an auction, more like a big 'FChat Garage Sale' (Maybe that would be a good name for the thread). The seller will post a picture and price of what they have for sale. It should be up to the seller to make a post to their own thread when the item sells.

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I think in the meantime I'll just post it on Ferrariads.com, maybe Rob could add a new thread to it.

12. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I have some slightly used TP ... 50% used, some places teared apart ... will go cheap. LMAO!

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Despite the fact I'd prefer to see pics of these alleged socks and would like to know details about history and shipping, I'm starting the bidding:

.05 (USD)

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    They actually belonged to a certain Mr. McCoy and somehow ended up in my luggage. To make the best of a bad situation I decided to sell them for what they are. Weapons of mass destruction! When merely sitting on the floor the smell they produce will impart severe nausea however if these socks were disbursed into the atmosphere over a major city you could expect tens to hundreds of thousands of people to suffer from relentless violent retching. I asked Mr. McCoy how his conscience could allow him to produce such inhumane objects of human misery and his only excuse was that he wore them all day at Concourso Italiano.

The socks will be shipped in my suitcase (it's irreperably contaminated) which will be sealed inside a steel case.

15. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Porsche Boxter Rear Bumper Covers. (Not the bumper assembly but the unpainted cover) PM me if interested.

PD

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I do own the domain www.ferrariauctions.com.

FerrariAds.com and just posting in OT sections right now works fine. I have some other priorities with my limited time. However, expanding classifieds is on the list somewhere down there.

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Then we can expand to the Ferrarichat.com Mortgage & Lending Company, and the Ferrarichat.com Exotic Insurance Company, Ferrarichat.com Commercial Real Estate Development, a Ferrarichat.com Visa Credit Card, Ferrarichat.com Maid Service, Ferrarichat.com Veteranary Clinic (specializing bull sterilization), Ferrarichat.com Trophys and Engravings, Ferrartichat.com Custom Furniture and Framing, Ferrarichat.com Plumbing (straight pipes), Ferrarichat.com Plus Size Women's Fashion (Carb's biz ;) ), Ferrarichat.com Pizza, Ferrarichat.com Private Reserve Lager, Ferrarichat.com Taxi Services, Ferrarichat.com Business Solutions and Consulting, Ferrarichat.com Dry Cleaning...

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    HELLO HELLO this is ferrari chat and there is a parts section for selling cars parts brochers books ect if you want to use a auction site use ebay quite simple really