Ferraris and Ferries | FerrariChat

Ferraris and Ferries

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Andy T, Aug 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andy T

Andy T Karting

May 31, 2004
    Sheffield - England
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I'm going to Spa in a couple of weeks - which is easiest to get a Testarossa onto - a Ferry, a Seacat or the tunnel - I'm thinking of ground clearance primarily?

Also, does anyone know of any decent accommodation in the Spa area with secure parking - ideally a garage?

thanks,

Andy

2. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Andy I was there last month for the first time. I went with the tunnel and it was fine. For the testa I would advide to get a ticket for a camper vehicle (same price) but there is more space.

This thread has a lot of info on Spa and where to stay http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/index2.html
    I would suggest you stay away from the Ronney. I stayed there and it was crap. The service was bad, the rooms small, was very expensive and worst of all I wanted to change my booking form 2 days to 1 days and they made me pay for two. Ithough this was cheeky as I had only go the booking because someone else had cancelled !!!

Have fun, its a great track.

Philip

3. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    remember to tell the tracker company you are going on a ferry too? the car may not be moving but the ferry is :)

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I always use the tunnel twice a month, cars as low as 355s, diablos ect are no probs. The ride on the tunnel is also very quick.

5. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Andy,

Used the tunnel for my 355 last month and no problem. Scraped the front number plate on some of the humps in the terminal, but no big deal. On the way back I had to miss the first train because there was only space upstairs and the guys reckoned the car might not make it, so was first in the queue for downstair on the next train.

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    The sea cats are no problem at all as the ramps aren't that steep. Regular ferries are a bit touch and go though and I usually end up having to take the ramps at a bit of an angle to avoid grounding out.

If it's too tight they usually have bits of wood they can put at the bottom of the ramp to reduce the angle a bit. Make sure that a member of the crew is watching you on the ramp as if they wave you on and there's a problem then they are responsible for the damage

7. Rene

Rene Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    René
    I regularly use SeaFrance and have never had a problem with my TR, although I have taken the ramps slowly and there has always been a crew member to keep an eye on my approach. The crew signals 'slow' or 'take it an at angle' if they have any doubts.

Also used Brittany Ferries, where the crew added some planks, and let me board last with plenty of space close to the lorries.

8. Frank512

Frank512 Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Frank Marconi
    Agree with GrahamS and rene. I've taken my 512tr on the ferry, and as long as you take the ramps at an angle, there's absolutely no problem. The boarding process did make me a bit nervous the first time though :)