all time hands down best car sound effects CD | FerrariChat

all time hands down best car sound effects CD

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tzucc, Aug 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    it's called Open Pipes Symphony... really nicely recorded.
    Recommend Wilson X-1's for ultimate playback. Not available on Amazon anymore, but if you can find a friend that can lend it you, I assure you it's worth the effort.

F40, F50, V12, V10s, all kinds of screaming snarling high pitch engines.

2. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I have this cd. My playback system is Wilson Watt Puppies and all Krell electronics. It's not quite like X-1s but they'll do.

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i differ and will say you MUST USE single-ended tube amps and high-sensitivity horns to TRULY enjoy the dynamics and high-resolution of the recordings.

Specifically, i highly recommend Wavelength Audio Cardinal X-1 monoblocks and Avantgarde Acoustic Duos or Trios.

Now if the recording was available on vinyl all would be complete :)

;-)

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
    http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

4. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    So, what do you think of the CD... ? I was pretty impressed with the recording quality. BTW, I was kinda joking about the playback eqpt. I definitely don't want to start a eqpt war thread :)

5. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    by the way, I was very impressed by the difference in sound when you are in the car vs out. For example, the last track on this CD is 3 min of an F50, on board, then recording track side.
    From inside the car it's pretty low and throaty the whole time... not all that exciting at all. But the trackside recording is full of screaming revs. I guess your audience enjoys the Ferrari sound performance but not the driver nearly as much.

edit: I found the authors site with some samples, check 'em out:
    http://www.mulsanne.com/html/samples.html