348 upgrades.... | FerrariChat

348 upgrades....

Discussion in '348/355' started by seinfeld, Aug 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Im a HUGE 348 fan. I think its aged pretty well, but still sweet. My friends call it too "mr2-ish". I differ cause who can mistake a prancing horse from a toyota logo? anyways....

Can anybody please post links of some ferrari 348 upgrades?(except for the veilside bodykit . im looking for upgrades for the body, engine, etc.....I have seen a 348 glass engine cover before, but i cannot find it anymore. Please post all accessories for the 348. Thank you all! Turbos ok!

2. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    348 is a great car once all the bugs are worked out.O2 sensors.thermocouplers;updated ECU's;etc.There are alot of challenge stuff for the 348.One of the easiest is to upgrade the air filter to a BMC or K&N element.The BMC being the better fit,since they make the filters for the Ferrari F1 cars.(bmcfilters.com).Exhaust upgrade to a Tubi helps,but might be alittle loud for everyday driving.Hi-flow cats from Hyperflow helps in the higher RPM's.GruppeM intake(euro spec challenge)gives a true 10-15 hp gain.Drilled rotors from Stillen a bargain compared to factory challange rotors and are made by Brembo and uses stock calipers and pads.No more squeak too!I owned a 1990 348ts for 4yrs.and recently sold it to purchase a F355 Spider.

Goodluck and have FUN!

3. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    MANY THANKS cal355!!! now that i got the performance down, how bout cosmetics?...carbon fiber inserts...etc..

i don't own a ferrari...yet. I think the 348 or testarossa is a good starter (due to head-turning looks and performance) rather than the 308 or 328- not my cup of tea...but its still beautifully made.

are there other "Quirks or Perks" from owning that 348 you used to have? as to compared to your 355 spider....

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Seinfeld,
    Look up the thread "got to love Jeff day", to see pics of my 348 Twin Turbo with full carbon fiber interior.
    I too love the looks of the 348. Still takes my breath away every time I go through my garage. Takes my breath away every time I BLAST by a 360 too!

5. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    oh..alright. thanks!

6. tw1nturb0

tw1nturb0 Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    348 Turbo, would you mind listing how you've tuned the 348? awesome car....