Ferrari F430 - Unveiled today (pics inside) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430 - Unveiled today (pics inside)

Discussion in '360/430' started by nopassn, Aug 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Koby,

You are right, i guess they do need to make compromises for comfort within today's marketplace and Ferrari has done a good job at this delicate balance. The new seats seem VERY nice! Wonder what option packages will be offered as this could make choices for those who desire different styling.

Would love to see a stripped down ultra-light CF body panel version :) Imagine the 430 with a raw (not painted) CF body and virtually all CF interior. All that lovely CF in the pics of the silver car is a good start :)

The 430 script on the side mirror looks a bit cheesy to me, but these things are indeed subjective. Would i kick the new 430 out of the garage, of course not.

2. Mehrabani1

Mehrabani1 Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    I believe those embossed mirrors are just a p-shop... not real...

3. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I don't have the silver ones either, sorry...

I think the F430 is really like that on the mirror...

4. Mehrabani1

Mehrabani1 Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    Hum.. now that I look at the pics, its only the driver side mirror that has it.. I hope it wont be on the production version... and I like the more sculpted center consle from the 360 better, but the steering wheel is amazing...

5. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim

HAR! That is exactly what I thought! I can even imagine the guys standing there going, "Well, I guess we can use up these extra tail lenses on the back somehow..." I just wish they didn't make it all so blatent. 348 to 355 - cool! 360 to this - UGH! It's not an evolution, it's a mishmash of two completely diferent cars/designs. I don't know if this was the Ferrari guys or Pininfarina. They need to fire all the P-boys after the last couple of designs they have puked out. Heck, if this was the boys at the F factory, they need to go too! Even if this had been a new car and I had never seen a Enzo or 360, it just does not flow.
    Jim
    JMHO!

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    After gracing us with the brilliant Challenge Stradale, Ferrari has obligated themselves to make a CS version of all future "Dino" cars. It's just too damn good to not make.

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i like it but like most other posters here i dislike the enzo features and also think the lower scoops infront of the rear wheels look like the mucilagos which i dont like. i still think gallardo is more coherent overall

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    It doesn't say anywhere in the write-up, or the tech specs, what type of transmissions will be available. Anybody know if it'll be strictly F-1, or will there be a choice of a 6-spd manual? Pictures only show the F-1...

9. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I like the new design barring a few details. The mirrors I don't think look great, the openings behing the wheel wells, although I am sure are functional, aren't asthetically pleasing to me, the rear end looks nice, but as already said is not 100% in line with the rest of the car. I think that the 612 style headlights look very good on this car, much better than on the 612. That is just my .02. Overall, I would love to have one.

Craig

10. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I haven't found any info that says... but here is my thought on the tranny...

I think the 6 speed will be standard and the F1 will be optional. I'm sure when it "meets the public" in Paris next month we will get more details...

11. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    ´
    Confirmed. The mirrors do have the F430 logo (I was at the presentation).

12. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    True, that has been the trend for the last couple of models introduced, except for the CS and Enzo.

I hope that's the case.

13. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Then can you enlighten us about what transmission types will be available for this new model?

14. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It's sharp and masculine, like the Enzo, not beautiful like the 360, which is why several here on the board don't like it. I, for one, cannot wait. The 360 needed more testosterone and serotonin to balance its beauty.

Many thanks on the early pics.

Forza,

Cavallini

15. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Joker, a bit off-topic, but is your very stunning 575 Grigio Alloy? If so, that's the most beautiful color I've ever seen on the Maranello.

Forza,

Cavallini

16. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    I like it, but I can't help but think that it looks like a "kitted out"(wild body kit) 360.

17. threesixty db

threesixty db Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2002
    Canada
    i think it looks great!

just curious, do you also hate the f40 logo on the side of the wing of the f40? same idea, just different location.

18. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    HOT!
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Really? Take a a profile-look on a Gallardo and tell me that isn't the worst proportioned car you've ever seen.

20. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    First impression... I think most of the lines are a major improvement on those of the 360... except for the back. I don't like the rear at all.

21. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    wow, this one definately looks like a step up from the 360... its more rugged somehow... and not as smooth as the 306 (which i like) .... the tail lights obvioulsy resembling the enzo but the only thing i dislike is the engine start button on the wheel!! looks a bit tacky

22. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
    WOWWWWWWWW!!! QUE BELLA!

23. pipecrash

pipecrash Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    Los Altos, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter A.
    WOW!

The car looks great but the styling seems to loose some continuety. The front intakes and intakes over the rear wheels are tear drop/shark nose style why didnt they make the side vents tear drop style to keep a similar look and feel. Do they need to pull that much additional air ? Otherwise the car looks awesome. Drool

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Not bad,,It is much improved over the hairdresser's 360. It looks MUCH more aggressive and the stance is very well balanced. This car seems to have presents were as the 360 almost looked cute. But like others the rear is a definate mess. But I guess they have to make it like that inorder for the ground effects to work propperly. Now if they would only just make it a DRIVERS car instead of automatic this and automatic that..and a car that will be servicalbe by an ethusist 10 years down the road.

25. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    The silver pics are nicer than the previous bunch I've seen. That being said, I don't like anything from the doors back. It looks too high and chunky back there and the Enzo tail light treatment doesn't help.