Anybody work in HR ? | FerrariChat

Anybody work in HR ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Philjay50, Aug 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Sorry to be really boring but, is there anybody out there who works in HR or similar.
    I am just about to take an early retirement package from my company, but still need to find a job. The problem is I have worked for the same company for 20+ years and writing a CV is a nightmare to me. If any one has any tips or advice, I will gratefully receive them.

Thanks

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Phil

if you want a CV to look at etc. drop me a line, I have to look through a pile of CV's frequently so may well be able to point you in the right direction, my direct e-mail is [email protected]

3. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    my lady runs a recruitment business and CV's are vital. If want her to have a look send me a PM. Bad news is we are away until 6th Sept, if you can wait till then?

4. theredkite

theredkite Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    Bucks, England
    Full Name:
    Mike C
    Those little red books may seem a little naff but they have lots of surprising hints i.e. don't put the dates on the left - people read left to right and it's far better to put eye-catching info where they see it first. I think the one I used - and I got the job! - was The Perfect CV.

5. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Thanks for the offer, and I will take you up on it if you don't mind. As ever with these things the company keeps extending the dates, but I have drawn the line at the end of December, so no mad panic.

6. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    glad to be able to help!