Mac Help: Can't Play Movies... | FerrariChat

Mac Help: Can't Play Movies...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TigerAce, Aug 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I recently converted from G4 to G5, and my QuickTime Player is version is 6.5.1. I use OS X 10.3.5.

All those movies I saved are now shown plain white documents w/out QT logo like they used to at G4.

For ex., I downloaded Enzo1.wmv from other thread, and it won't play. Matter of fact, 5 movies I tried to download here cannot be played. I must be doing something wrong.

I searched QT site, and Apple site, but couldn't find appropriate help there.

Could someone advise me what to do?

2. gentry

gentry Guest

you need to go download the windows media player from the MS Mac site.

GG on the G5. Im going to upgrade to a G5 here soon.

3. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Gentry, for your quick reply. Now I can play all movies!!

I wonder why QT is not working though???

BTW, what do you mean by "GG" in your post? G5 is great, but not really required for my usage. I got sucked into buying new Cinema display, and G4's plastic case don't match, so I got G5, too. However, it is the heaviest desktop! (according to the salesman of the store, and I also agree after carrying it for about 30 yards!)

4. gentry

gentry Guest

Quicktime doesnt play WMV files, just as windows media doesnt play movs. Just different formats proprietary to the player.

As to the G5 and the Cinema Display, you will be more than happy. My G4 is faster than my 2.5ghz PC with twice the ram, and never crashes. I have never gotten a virus, and I really dont have to worry about much. My cinema display is great, although when I get my G5 Im getting either a 30" or dual 23"s (I think dual 30s would be a ***** much).

GG means good game. And take a pic of your setup. Let the rest of us drool.