Inchcape / Maranello | FerrariChat

Inchcape / Maranello

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LJH, Aug 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LJH

LJH Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jack Horner
    A friend in the UK told me that today's papers have a story about Inchcape losing the importer/distributor license for Ferrari-Maserati. True? Does Maranello's also lose its dealer license? They have one of the most classic looking dealership buildings in the old Shell garage in Egham. LJH

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    I think Ferrari are trying to take ownership of all importers worldwide, but I do doubt that Maranello's would be closed down, more likely is that they would be taken over

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Inchcape/Maranello Concessionaires have the licence to import Ferraris/Masers and parts into the UK. This is what is under threat presumbably. I would suspect a buyout would be the route.

Maranello Sales, the dealerships, is a separate operation, although still under the Inchcape group. This would be unaffected by changes above I would imagine.

Robert.

4. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Except their allocation could well come down as Inchcape have been manipulating the joint ownership bit for numerous years. People who will lose out (inc. me) is people who are on the waiting lists as they will probably get longer due to MS's reduced supply.