Ferrari F430 - Unveiled today (pics inside) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430 - Unveiled today (pics inside)

Discussion in '360/430' started by nopassn, Aug 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    The car looks hot, thank god not like the 612.
    Can't wait to see it on the road!!!!

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I definitely don't like the engine intakes up really high. I like the way the intakes on the 360 integrate into the side of the car and into the door handles better. I was hoping that the new car would deviate more from the 360, not because I don't love the 360, but because it's been around a while and something more aggressive looking would be a nice change. I definitely like it though. There is no doubt that this thing is going to stomp all the competition though. Holy crap, 500 HP out of such a light car!

Funny thing is now all the other car companies are going to spend the next 4 years coming up with cars that are "as fast as the Ferrari". Every time a new Ferrari comes out, Lamborghini, etc. try to come up with cars as good as the Ferrari. Now that Lambo finally has a Gallardo to compete with the 360, and Ford has the GT40, the new Corvette is released, they are all screwed because Ferrari just released the 500 HP monster that they will all be trying to beat for another 5 years. In 5 years when they finally do it, Ferrari will have an F480 or something and start it all over again!!

;-)

Birdman

3. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Looks good in silver. It does look beefy and a bit tall.

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Ok I'll chime in with my observations and opinions (if anybody cares :) )

Overall impression is rather cold. This car looks like a morph between an Enzo and a 360 and in my opinion is not enough of a departure from the look of the 360. Of course we saw this before with the 348 and then the 355 but I expected something more if not different.

The mirror treatment is awful and I think that Ferrari is just pasting too many horses and markings on their cars.

The lower inlet scoop on the side is a little too much like that on the Murcielago. I did not expect Pininfarina to copy its competitors like this.

Rear diffuser is nice but could do with the lower piece found on the Challenge Stradale.

Front bumper does not look refined in its design. While aerodynamically very efficient, the asthetic appeal is not there.

Seats and center console look nice but the dash is far too cluttered in shape for my liking.

An interesting styling cue is how the rear quarter arches actually have two ridges thereby following the tail lights. I think this will look nice.

The engine looks nicer than on the 360 and I like the intakes entering on an angle.

The verdict. I'll pass. Then again I am but a lowly 308 owner so I do not think that Ferrari is too concerned what I think.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Overall I like it, except possibly the rear. Reguarding specs, I note that the weight is up 170 kg over a CS and 60 kg over a Modena. Inevitable, I guess.

6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Cool, I love it. I think it is very nice, I love the steering wheel too.

nopassn, you can upload the [size=+2]FULL SIZED PICS[/size] at www.ferrarirosso.com. All you have to do is register, no cost required. I'm sure everyone would appreciate the full sized pics :) Also fell free to check out all of the video's that others and I have all uploaded. There are some great flyby vids of Ferrari's going over 120 mph!!!

7. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene

Just to let you know the new Z06 will be out at the same time with 500-515 hp, weigh the same or less, and have much more torque. There will be no need for catching up. The GT40 can already handle the 430. The gallardo will need some catching up though, which I'm sure they'll manage. Don't get me wrong. I'd rather have a 430 than the new Z. As the owner of a Z06 whose beaten and driven a 360 I know it's not all about speed.

gene

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Separated at birth?

9. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    The numbers look good : the car looks....strange...

The front bumper air intakes do not work for me. The rear is way too busy, but very modern. The steering wheel...just plain crazy with the knobamd button...don't like it.

overall, I think the car is too aggressive. Ferrari doesn't need to design a car with so much flare and "look at me" factor. IMO 360's line is purer and simpler, thus staying with the tradition better. But again, I think Ferrari chooses this route to make sure that this car will beat the Gallardo in all area.

Park the Gallardo and the 430 side by side....I will have a very hard time choosing.

10. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano
    WHEN IS THE SPYDER COMING OUT? :)

11. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    WOW! It holds quite an aggressive look and should definatly move!

Thanks for the pictures and specs!

12. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    They didn't say anything about it. I don't recall having seen a manual down there. I've been told at one point from my dealer that it was F1 only, but I've not had it confirmed (it's not an issue for me, since I prefer F1 - I consider manuals yesterdays technology but that's just my opinion).

13. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Just checked with my dealer. It will come as a manual as well. They told this at the dealer presentation the day after - but downplayed it apparantly.

14. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I could sit here and pretend to be cool and sophisticated... "yeah, I don't like the front end" ..... "Nah, that Enzo tail treatment sucks"

But I know the first time I see one in person, I'll be a giggling fool. "LOOK! An F430!!!! WOW!!!!"

So much for cool and sophisticated. Ferraris -- especially new ones -- have an odd way of turning me into a 15-year-old again. :p

15. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Hmm...I don't know what to say. The car is simply not a Ferrari, at least to my eyes. The F430 is way to busy to look at. I really think they have destroyed the classic voluptuous shape of the 360M. I'll wait for the next complete new model change. The F430 is the second wind kind of replacement. They just did a poor job of it. The F355 at least were a far better car than a 348!

Sorry guys, but thump down for this one. I am hoping though that the actual car will look good. Some cars just need to be looked at in the flesh.

16. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
  17. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    i put this in the other thread for a photochop request... but since you asked...

GT

18. RotKopf

RotKopf Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    Okay, your spider chop-shot makes the car look wicked awesome. DADDY LIKE

19. Casey_A

Casey_A Rookie

Dec 31, 2003
    Texas
    That is gorgeous. Now where did I put my lottery ticket? :)

20. Cicero

Cicero Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    I hate it. It looks like a photoshop or an aftermarket kit. The front is totally retarded and the rear is just plain stupid. I was really wanting to like this car, but this is just lazy engineering to me. I hope in person it doesn't look so silly.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Is this motor still a 5 Valve or is it a 4 Valve? The tradition of 5 Valve with the 355 is what I hope remains with the 430.

22. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    And you are entitled to your opinion! :)

I prefer manual as I'm a traditionalist.

Thanks for your reply... Now I can dream...

23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hi Christian.You have seen the car in person what do you think about the nose design and the Enzo style lights?

24. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Drive a Gallardo and you won't. Ferraris are far more fun to drive than the Gallardo. I have driven 2 and they just didn't excite me.

25. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I like it a lot - but I'm a bit biased, since I wasn't that fond of the 360 styling - the front never really grew on me and I thought it to be too... Hmmm... bland is perhaps the right word. The F430 is more aggressive - which I like - both front and rear. The new headlights are quite a lot better (and finally they have bi-xenons), and I like the taillights as well.

I think the F430 is an improvement. I was just about to order a Murcie instead of my 360 Spider (which I don't particular like), but now I'll get the F430 instead.