Attorney Recommendation | FerrariChat

Attorney Recommendation

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ScuderiaRossa, Aug 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Hi Guys. F-Chat member from northern NJ looking for:

1. real estate attorney for closing (11/04)
    2. estate planning attorney
    3. attorney advice re: transfer of NJ-based corporation to Florida

Thanks!

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    If I'm not mistaken, Steve the Squid with the NSX is an attorney who does estate planning. Nice guy to boot. In fact, I think 3 or 4 of the Miami guys are attorneys... Not sure how to contact them, but I'm sure someone here can provide info for that. Where in FL are you moving to?

-R

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What part of Florida? I know a great one in Pensacola, but many here do not consider P-Cola to be part of Florida, which, BTW, is a feeling that is shared by many of those in Pesnsacola.

Dale

4. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Purchased a second home (with my parents) in the Sarasota/Bradenton area, Lakewood Ranch, actually. They need the estate planning, my wife is considering relocating her business out of Tampa.

5. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I can second Steve Kotler for estate planning.. I'll PM you his info.. Great guy..

I am using a real estate attorney at the present time for a condo I sold.. I dealt with them when I bought my house (Chase Manhattan uses them) and I am using them now for the condo. A friedn of mine is also using them for a real estate transaction at present..Very professional to say the least.. Garcia and Baloyra - 305-358-4800 and ask for Sandra or Leslie..

FYI: I am not an attorney and have no affiliation to them. They are getting the plug simply because they are good.

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Being in the real estate biz if you just bought a house and need a closing agent you do not necessarily have to get an attorney. If you hire a title company and most of them are attorneys but you do not hire them specifically for legal advise, they do not act as your attorney, just make sure you understand that perfectly well.
    As for a title agent get one in your area that you are buying. You can contact Paul Sloan in Sarasota. I am sure he can recommend a company. The closest I have dealt with in real estate is Punta Gorda (or what is left of that :()

As for estate planning you can use an attorney all over the Country I assume because it mainly has to do with Federal not so much with State.
    Steve has left his old company but may very well still do the work at his new firm. If that does not get you further e-mail me and I will gladly put you in touch with David Carlisle who is also specialized in Estate law. In his firm you will also find a corporate lawyer specialized in just that. They are based out of Miami but that really does not make a difference. For that I would be looking for the best not the closest. The closing of your purchase I would be looking for the closest, nothing to screw up there really.

7. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The best real estate atty. in Sarasota is Henry Trawick Esq.
    He wrote the book for FL courtroom procedure and anyone who pratices law in FL has a copy of it.

Henry has been praticing law in Sarsota for 40+ years and is a sole practioner.

8. akydakyx

akydakyx Karting

Feb 9, 2002
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Steve K
    thanks for the endorsement guys.
    i joined fowler white boggs banker and am in the naples office. tampa based firm, 200+ lawyers and 9 offices around the state. ad over.

if you give me a call and tell me more about your situation, i can help you get to the right place.

martin, after 15 years of concentrating in wills, trusts and tax do you really think i want to start over? and planning is very state specific. while the federal tax aspects don't really change from state to state, state tax laws and state property rights do. do you know how many times i have seen the "northern lawyer" goof when it comes to fl homestead restrictions on devise and/or the save our homes cap?

9. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    Vincent Gambusa (joe pesci) was pretty good comin down from the north and handling your southern laws :) Seriously, Len, I go down to sarasota to vacation a lot from NJ, let me know if you need any info