The "post pics of your dream cars" thread | FerrariChat

The "post pics of your dream cars" thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bugattiart, Aug 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Inspired by all the beautiful pics posted in the different threads here in the European section, I thought that we needed a thread with pictures of our dream cars.....please post the best shots you have of your favourite cars!!!
    Classics or Supercars, Vintage or prewar, racing or showcars.....whatever the car you have in your dreams: POST IT, and please give a small notice on year or model together with the picture....or the complete history of the cars, if you like, and please post as many pics as you wish!!!

I'll start with some of my personal dreamcars, and as you may already know, I might just have a few Bugattis in my dreams.... Okay then...here we go!!!

This particular car is on top of my personal list over dream cars: The 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic #57473, the second built of the three Bugatti Atlantics and the one allways forgotten! Mostly because many people believes that this car was totally destroyed in an accident in France in 1955 when the car was hit by a train in a railroad crossing! In fact this car was rebuilt on the original chassis, and she is now the most beautiful car in the World to me! This car has a very complex history, but also the most intereting history of the three Atlantics! She is owned since 1974 by Nicolas Seydoux in France, and the car has lived all it's life in France.

2. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    A few more pics of this beauty... #57473 of Nicolas Seydoux....

3. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I have so many dream cars, i don't know where to start :D

(This is going to a long thread)

4. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    #4 Bertus, Aug 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let me start with the Alfa's :)

La più veloce del mondo !

One of my favorite vintage cars, the 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 B Lungo.
    This car has been called 'the fastest and most beautiful sports car in the world'.
    The engine was derived directly from the one which powered the 'Type B' Grand prix single seater, the 'P3' as the 1934 model became known, with 2 Roots superchargers side by side.
    It developed 180 HP at 5200 rpm and could reach 185 km/h.
    Excellent roadholding in all conditions combined with a truly docile personality conspire to delight and surprise the fortunate few lucky enough to possess one of these.
    Touring built some splendid berlinettas and magnificent ultralight spiders over '2900 B' mechanical units; the results were the last word in elegance at the time.
    The 2900B was unrivalled both on road and track; it took the first 3 places in the 1938 Mille Miglia. Touring prepared a specially aerodynamic, superlight body for the Le Mans 24H of that same year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Bert, ;) I sure hope so.....I thought it would be interesting to see what cars others were dreaming about, so......JUST GO AHEAD!!!

Best

Carsten

6. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    #6 Bertus, Aug 26, 2004
    Next one, again an Alfa Romeo ;)

This one is the Alfa Romeo 33.2 Tipo Stradale.
    In 1967 Scaglione designed a 2L roadgoin version of the 33, 18 (!!) of which were built, where Bertone created an attractive and original coupe (the Montreal, later more on this one ;) )
    The competition 33's starred in sports prototype racing for a full decade (1967-1977). The first of these, the 33/2 with 2L V8 engine, won on its first outing, a timed hillclimb at Fleron in Belgium. The chassis was made of 3 large U-shaped tubes which also functioned as fuel tanks. In 1968 the 33 received a new saloon body and was dubbed the Daytona, after a brilliant 1-2 victory in the american 24h event. The engine developed 270 hp at 9600 rpm, sufficient to propel the car to 300km/h. In 1970 the engine was upgraded to 3 l, while the frame was revolutionized by the adaptation of a box-type aluminium and titanium monocoque body. Speed was increased to 330km/h !!and the car racked up numerous victories. There was yet another step forward in 1975 with the introduction of a brand new 3L 12 cylinder boxer engine. This power unit produced 500hp at 11000 rpm. Thanks to this car Alfa Romeo swept to victory in the world constructors championship winning 7 out of 8 events. This succes was repeated in 1977 with the arrival of the new 33 SC 12.

7. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Bert, :)
    I think you and I share a lot of dream cars ;) :)
    The Alfa 33 Stradale is also one of my favourites, and indeed one of the (IMHO) most beautiful cars ever produced :) A good choice Bert! :)

8. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Very difficult to make a choice so much there is which come me to mind but the first which would have my preference it is Bugatti 57 SC Atlantic #57473 of Nicolas Seydoux me also, choice that I thus divide with Carsten (thing that it knows already). I would have could choose another Bugatti Atlantic also with the history more limpid good also known, in the event that of Ralph Lauren # 57591, but in addition to its line it is precisely its histoiric complicated also which I like.

Here another pic of this beauty :

9. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I think so to :) As the Bugatti Atlantic is also one of my favorites i'll not post it again, but there is more to come, much more :)
    I just need to find nice pics of them. ;)

10. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Christophe, :)

Thanks Christophe for this wonderful picture of THE CAR!!! You're the man ;) :) And if somebody shares the same dreamcars as me, it would indeed be you!!! ;)
    Indeed the Atlantics of Lauren and Williamson are also magnificent cars, but they lack a bit of the history connected to this exact car! Also I like the many Unique details on this particular Atlantic....the louvres in the bonnet the faired in headlights, the enlarged doors, and the special treatment of the rear end of this car!!!! This is the car to die for... :)

Best regards

Carsten

11. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    @Bertrus

I like much also this rare Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale with the superb line, I had the occasion to see of them one in the Louis Vuitton Classic in Bagatelle parc a few years ago and one can say that it is a car which one does not forget !!!!

Best regards.

12. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Another of my choices goes to Ferrari 335 S 1957 #0684 which gained the last Mille Miglia with Piero Taruffi, superb line, superb engine... superb noise !!!!

Best regards

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Also a VERY nice car :)But hey.... What about the car shown in your avatar picture Christophe???.....Can we please have some pics of that one too??? ;)

14. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    YES...indeed it's superb, you know that! Nice link dear friend, thanks for sharing that!!! That's one h*** of a car!!! ;) :)

16. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
  17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    ;) :) Guess what??? ;)

18. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I think it's going to be hard to find a car that i like and you don't and vice versa ;)

19. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Bert, :)
    Guess you're right about that, but let's find out....here is another one of my Very-favourite cars of all times....this particular car is the 1971 Lamborghini Miura SV-J #4870 and was former owned by the Persian Shah!!! I really love the contrast in the colors of this car, and of course the combination of the pure soft lines and the power that's expressed in the design....it's almost like the car is screaming: Go ahead... make my day!!!

20. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Thanks for posting this specific Miura, also imo the most beautiful one :)
    so i don't have to post it;)
    The Miura is the most beautiful Lambo, but they sometimes come in 'ugly colors (i don't like the green, yellow,... lambo colors)
    But this one is magnificent !

BTW i can't find good pics of the Kellner Royal, if you have any good pics you may post it here on my behalf, or on yours offcourse ;)

21. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    #21 Bertus, Aug 26, 2004
  22. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Nice thread Bro....
    But I HAVE to tell you about this black one.....for some odd reason it reminds me of Darth Vaders helmet! :D:D:D:D

I guess this car is VERY hard to fine.....and IF you do, you'll probably get broke;)

23. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    this one is my favo...def!!

the 250 SWB!

24. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Okay, so here we go with the 1932 Bugatti Type 41 Royale "Kellner sedan" #41141 on behalf of Bertus and myself! :) The car was owned and used by the Bugatti-family for many years as the car could not find an owner! Only after WW2 the car finally found a proud owner. This car has several times been auctioned at World-record-beating prices!!! The car is one of only six Original Bugatti Type 41's, and the car sports a 12.763 litre straight eight engine producing an astonishing 300 Horsepower! It's the largest car ever produced, and it was originally intended built in at least 25 examples and built to suit the wealthiest people in the World....the car was priced three times higher than the most expensive Rolls Royce!!!! However, due to economy crisis in that period the production stopped after only six cars had been built! All six are still present, and are the most valuable cars on the planet today!

25. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Bro :) ....BUT the car is NOT black??? It's a very dark brown ;) !!! So it has nothing whatsoever to do with the helmet of Darth Wader :)