430 Thread-------------------- | FerrariChat

430 Thread--------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Aug 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  3. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Still not to sure about the front of it. Someone on the modern forum photoshopped something a bit of a more enzoisk front which looked good in my opinion.

Still an advance on the current model overall i think its okay

4. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Is this the REAL finished product? It looks stunning from all angles, especially from the rear. Not to sure about the front... it doesnt appear tp be aggresive enough, perhaps I need to wait for the Pairs motorshow which I am hopefully attending to get a better proposal of the 430.

jenzo.

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    it looks like a fiat coupe front and a renault megane rear and it needs 12 cylinders but nobody ever likes the new models at first the 348 355 and 360 got bad press at first

6. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Tony,

I've been watching the other thread for sometime, and sometimes cringe at some peoples attitudes towards Ferraris' ever innovative engineering genius & Pininfarinas' styling 'master penmanship', I know we all see the body first and naturally feel compelled to comment on looks alone, but a bit of thought maybe ought to be applied aswell.......(insert 'book by cover' analogy)....
    I think the 430 is an aggressive looking, obvious progression from the 360, Not my cup of tea, but fabulous all the same.
    Some nice touches and exciting improvements, New Steering Wheel controls, BHP and Torque increases for instance. On a personal point about the styling, (Flame suit on), I think it looks alot better than the outgoing 360 !

Regards,

Seb

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Seb,
    I agree. I think the 360CS is how the 360M should have looked from day 1. Ferrari have done a fine job IMO of
    taking the 360 to the next level and improving it in all respects, especially visually.
    From a selfish point of view, i'm hoping the 430 will pressure 360 residuals so i can buy a CS in the not too distant future. I won't be holding my breath just yet, tho' ;)

8. Ravinder Kundra

BANNED

Aug 26, 2004
    Gerrards Cross
    Full Name:
    Ravinder Kundra
    I dont know why, but the front of the car just does not look right, those air intakes are too round and far too big, abit disappointed that Ferrari have styled the car in such a way, but I am sure there is a valid reason for this.
    When is the car out in the UK?

R.K

9. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ
    I am not sure on this.... but I think it hits the UK market late 2005, is that right....?

Jaz

10. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I think this front might look better

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Richard,
    i attached pics in your post instead of link ;)

12. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I didn't think I would like it, but I do think it adds a pleasing "sharpness" to the shape of the 360. I do agree that they could have been a little more adventurous with the nose.

I wouldn't crawl over the 430 to get to the 360, if you see what I mean?

BTW, Tony, did you do the Photoshop Strad version?

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stig,
    no, "borrowed" it from Rennteam.com ;)

14. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I think it looks pretty but good, but I don't think the rear is wide enough to carry off the enzo-style grille thingy

15. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    kids and school holidays glad when they are back at school high noony

16. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard

Cheers Tony ;)

17. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    still got almost 2 weeks

18. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    A 500 bhp engine - should make things a bit more interesting - that's even more than Steve F's 512M (just...)

Rick

19. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    60 more hp than Steve's isn't it? but it'll have less torque.

20. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    No one can have as much talk (torque) as Steve F !!

21. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hp horse power aint everything you need tourque and grunt wait while simon gets the lambo he will see what i mean

22. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    I agree this is what i have heard and what has been quoted so far....i agree with you about the front styling though, but it will probably look good in the flesh though.

23. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #23 tonyh, Aug 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I do like the 430 and would have one tomorrow but I'm still a bit disappointed with the styling.

For me it's nothing that I haven't seen before in some version or other. The back is straight off the Enzo, and most of the rest of the car is very 360 like. I like the way they've done the headlights but the whole thing just seems to have basically morphed from the 360. pretty much most of the car echoes something that's already been done.

What I'm trying to say is that, for a new Ferrari, it doesn't have the "wow" factor for me.

Some examples(and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I usually am) the 308 was basically a brand new shape, the 328 evolved from that and looked almost identical.

The Testarossa was a new concept and the various offshoots from the same basic design were the 512's and, on a smaller scale, the 348

The 355 is a reasonable diversion in styling from the 348 but even then the top half is virtually identical visually.

The 360 was the first big change in styling for quite a while and Ferrari have stuck to the same basic body shape, tweaked it here and there and come up with something which isn't a million miles away from what they already had.

I'm just talking about the visuals here, I know that technically every car is very different and more rewarding than the last(some may disagree) but I'm just left feeling that they could have done a bit more with it.

25. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    In my opinion, the front and side looks great (if only an evolution of the 360), but I don't like the rear (from this picture). To be honest though, I think Ferrari will be hard pushed to better the 360's rear end. Also, it could just be the angle of the pictures, but I'm not sure how the 430 will carry off a Spider version (but I assume it's in the pipeline).