I'm finally getting my F430 !!! | FerrariChat

I'm finally getting my F430 !!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerrariMonza, Aug 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariMonza

FerrariMonza Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Near San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Mark Carreon
    I just got a call from my dealership yesterday, and wants to know if I'd prefer a stick shift or F1 tranny. I said "stick shift" because I've always had a stick shift and love it. Although, I've never driven an F1, should I consider an F1? Please help. by the way, I've now been told that I am 2nd or 3rd on the list, it's only been 2 long years!!!! But definately worth the wait. My dealership has been great and very helpful with the process so far. Thanks in advance.

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

So what "stick-shift" car you driving now? Personally i would think this question would come up at time of order. Would you prefer manual or F1 trans. Why did they not ask then?

3. 288_GTO

288_GTO Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No brainer.....6-speed (stick shift) is a must. I've driven a 6-speed Ferrari and the F1 on a Maserati Spider, I love the 6-speed. Plus, I've heard Ferrari will be building the 430 with close to 90% F1 transmissions, which makes the 6-speed more rare, and possibly worth more down the road.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You've been waiting 2 years for a 430?

You are picking the specs now and actually ordering it?

Deliveries don't start until next year.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    You must be best friends with the owner of the dealership. I do not know if you are in the US or not, but if you are, you still have quite a wait. The first cars will not arrive until next spring and considering they build around 80% F1 cars, you might have to wait awhile to get a gear shift. What dealer are you working with by the way.

6. FerrariMonza

FerrariMonza Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Near San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Mark Carreon
    All my dealership wanted was if I wanted a stick or an F1 as I stated before. I am assuming that he is just getting some ideas on what people want and get some ideas for his allocation, or maybe something else. He said that he would have the people that's been on the list meet soon regarding the F430. I never said anything about my dealership wanting specs now! Read the thread carefully and understand it well! Also, he said that he is assuming that the car will not be available until next summer! And, nothing has been confirmed of the so called F430 from Ferrari.

7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Everone hear read it, now why don't you go to your dealership and test drive both on a 360. So what are you driving now?

8. FerrariMonza

FerrariMonza Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Near San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Mark Carreon
    Why is it that you can't post a question here without the scrutiny? All I wanted was some kind of confirmation of my choice, nothing more. I posted the same question on www.6speedonline.com, and my question has been addressed without the suspicions. Is it because people on 6speedonline are more mature and professional?

Admin., kindly delete or end this thread. Thanks and goodbye.

9. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    No, I think it's because people on here are constantly facing people who like to pretend they have/will have/are about to have/had a Ferrari, when in reality they're just living out a fantasy to get attention. It happens a lot, and we've gotten suspicious.

nlh

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I have never liked the looks of the F360. However, the changes to the F430 look great. If it only had a 12 cylinder engine I would consider one...or mabe even a V-10. Do you guys think Ferrari will ever build another mid-engine V-12 or flat-12 again?

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ...and because Mr. White is obviously invisible or something, i'll repeat his question to you for the third time; what kind of "stick shift" are you currently driving...?

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    NNO, i think this is allan lambo in disguise!

13. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    This is true, but he sounds like he may be a bit new to this game and it wouldn't kill us to give someone the benefit of the doubt (at least until he really slips up, lol). It all sounds a bit premature but from what he wrote I assumed that maybe his dealer is trying to get a feel for which customers will get which cars in what order, and whether he wants a manual or an F-1 could affect when he gets a car.

BTW, good luck with the car, and get the manual! :)

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I don't understand why people with blank profile's want other FC's to take them seriously and then get offended when asked a simple question.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Should I get a pink one or a purple one?

Do you think they'll put a fuzzy lamb's wool cover on the seat for me?

Hold my hand....I'm lonely........

I have $300K and no brain...can you help me live my life?????

I say it's grapiqdezigns new log in...........

16. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The guy sounds like a fake. He's way too defensive for a guy that should be excited. He hasn't told us what he drives or what dealer his name is with? Hey, if you won't tell us what you drive, What dealer are we talking about? I'm sure he's disappeared.

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Of course the problem with the manual is you have to let go of your hottie to shift gears....But if you stick with her she can learn to reach over and shift for you.

I'd call it a Female1 gear box........:) :)

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

"a Formula 1-derived gearbox that cuts gear shifting times to 150 milliseconds"

Hey "Mr. Run-off-in-a-huff,

FWIW, I'll take one of these :)

19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Dude... :D

20. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Asking whether you should get a 6 speed or an F1 is like a religious argument. Some will say 6 some will say F1.

If you want to know, go to your dealer and drive both on a 360. Don't ask us for such an important spec, your the only one that can make the choice.

6 Speed - more driver involvement, fun, easier maintenance, rarer
    F1 - modern tech, faster shifts, your wife/girlfriend can drive it (this may be a bad thing), more maintenance intensive if something goes wrong

21. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Didn't see his question on 6speed either. However, if I were fortunate enough to be able to purchase a 430, I would like to experience both trans to help me make a decision. This can happen in a 360 and I'm sure his dealership would want him to do the same.

22. GearHead

GearHead Karting

Jan 3, 2004
    Obviously a fake, like a lot of fakes here.

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I stopped to help a 360 on the side of the road.........F1 box dead as a stone.
    2 days out of warranty, the doctor was NOT happy.....

I'd go 6 spd. unless you REALLY ARE Schumi and you are tracking the car...

Even then personally the 6 spd. would be more fun to me........

24. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I may be wrong (often, according to my Wife), but I think I
    read somewhere that the F430 will be available as F1 only.

I hope I am wrong, especially in this case.

25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Nope, it'll be manual, too.