Solo2/Autocross This Saturday | FerrariChat

Solo2/Autocross This Saturday

Discussion in 'New England' started by ChrisfromRI, Aug 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    If you're interested in finding out more about what Solo2/Autocross Racing is all about I'll be competing at the BMW-CCA event this Saturday, in Ayer, MA. As BMW-CCA is one of the few clubs that allows passengers in cars while they compete, there are usually opportunities for "ride-alongs".

The weather for this Saturday currently looks good.

PM me for any further details.

Kind Regards, Chris

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi CHris,
    We were talking about this at Verell's cookout a couple weeks ago. i would love to join you but I'm in the throws of getting my garage framed so I can't make it. I hope to join you on semething next summer, and perhaps even get some more FChatters involved. As we discussed, I would love to get some track training because I have no clue what I'm doing on a track.

Birdman

3. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    There will be more events this summer.

I have suggested BMW-CCA as these events permit passengers to ride in competing cars. I also don't mind carrying the extra weight of a passenger in my car while I'm competing, since it's a relatively small disadvantage for me -- while being a great way for a guest to see what it's all about firsthand.

The G-Forces in my Solo2/Autocross car (Hoosier slicks all around and Carbotech brake pads) are fairy high though, so you have been warned...

Kind Regards, Chris

PS: Sept. 25th is the next BMW-CCA event at Devens, after tomorrow.

4. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    This Saturday, September 25th, is the next BMW-CCA Solo2/Autocross Race at Devens (Ayre, MA). Weather looks good.

PM me if you would like to stop by and go for a ride in the passenger seat of my Autocross car.

Kind Regards, Chris