Parking in NYC tonight, any suggestions?? No P-chop jokes! | FerrariChat

Parking in NYC tonight, any suggestions?? No P-chop jokes!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Gary Res, Aug 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hey guys,
    Lived on the East side for a long time (know all the good garages). I'm taking the F-car to the city tonight to a Restaurant on the West side, on 72nd between Columbus and CPW. I need a good garage. I'll walk a couple of blocks if I have too. No P-Chop jokes. Any suggestions! Maybe, after a run through Central Park with other F-cars (about 11:00)?

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Park at 75 Park Place and take the subway up to 77th. :)

3. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Haha! I was going to e-mail you knowing you live in the city. I would rather be eating downtown, but meeting friends from Westchester, and they don't want to go "all the way downtown".

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    [some of] The best restaurants in NYC are downtown.

5. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I know that... Your talking to a guy that lived ther for 15 yrs. Only left three yrs ago. Even lived there for a short time with my 4 kids. Love the city. Can't please everyone. I don't get in that much on Sat. nights and that's why I would rather be at a hip/cool place then where I'm eating. Love the Meat packing district, and SOHO, village, but they don't want to go. My wifes family, not mine! I learned that you have to pick your fights, so, unfortunatly, I'll be eating at a crappy family style rest. but Its my choice what car to take tonight! I still need a garage!
    The one thing that my wife and I can't get use to living in L.I. is the restaurants and the night life. Really not any fun. For that regard, I really miss the City.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    recommendation:

W. 66th street between Columbus and Amsterdam (south side of 66th street)

parking garage there is great. highly recommended :)

7. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary

Hubie,
    Your the best. Thats where I'll be parking tonight. Didn't see you post today so I assumed you out for the day. Thanks again!

Gary

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    ****...i just reread the post...

it's between Broadway and Amsterdam.....next to Julliard

9. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I just read your post. I went to the garage you originally told me. Didn't like it. The guy wouldn't give me any spot, and wouldn't let me park the car, even for an extra $20! So, I thought maybe you meant the one across the street, North Side. I ended up parking there. Wasn't bad. I parked in the entrance way going down. Didn't love it, but it was fine. I KNEW you must of made a mistake. That OK. I appreciate it that you tried. When I left the City, I took the Cross Bronx and thought of you. I don't care what anyone says, NO WAY can you drive the cross Bronx with 19 inch rims. I don't have 19's (on Ferrari)and I think my car/suspension aged 5 yrs! Matter of fact, the FDR ain't no better. Until you hit the burbs the roads really suck. I never noticed how bad because when I go to the city I usually take the BMW or the Jag. You feel it but not like with 19's with with extra low profile tires. You don't want to get stuck with a broken rim in the Bronx. Remember "Barnfires of the Vanities"?
    Thanks again anyway!

Gary

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    When the M3 was announced with optional 19s from the factory, M Brand Manager Tom Salkowsky told the factory that the car would never last on the cross Bronx. So what did the industrious Germans do?

They tested some 19s on the Cross Bronx.

11. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary

What was the results?

12. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    You can still see the a$$ ends of some of the M3's sticking out of some of the larger pot holes along the expressway. The city figured it was cheaper to leave them than pay for fill for some of the sink holes ;)

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I hate driving teh stradale on the cross bronx.. so many bumps

14. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Guys, Remember the thread about the 19's? I said that living in the city, just keep the stock rims. The city is sooo hard on the car. Why make it worse? Most responses said I was crazy and that 19's wouldn't make a difference on City Rds. Just drive that Cross Bronx or even the G.C. Eastbound right after the Triborough. The stock rims are gorgous (sp) anyway, especially on the 355 or the 360. I really believe that the car is so sexy that the rims, at least on a Ferrari (355 and 360), are secondary to the looks of the body of the car. Most Other cars, new rims usually make a visual difference.

15. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    don't really recall anyone saying 19's don't make a difference(i assume in ride quality?). ppl only said that 19's are not easier to be destoryed than 18's if they are well made quality wheels.
    btw i DO drive alot on cross bronx, not a problem yet. with the bumps and holes, the ride quality(i have 19's with coilover suspension on the m3) p1ss me off, especially the wife, but no damage yet.

16. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yeah but a car as low as the stradale is gonna be a nightmare in teh city

17. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yep. i bottomed out also on I287, i can see u would too when i drove behind you.
    car is too low, and road sux, can't help that.
    bigger wheels usually do not change ride height, the overall diameter should remain same, you just have bigger rims and less tires compared to a 18" set up.

18. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I have my car parked in that garage. There are 2 titanium 360s in that garage (one f1, one stick). they all know how to drive the car.

i highly recommended them because they wont be joyriding in ur car when u are gone.....and they know how to drive it too. sorry if u had a bad experience.

19. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Not a bad experience. Just thought you probably made a mistake. That garage wasn't worth parking any nice car in. I knew as I puled up. The one accross the street wasn't bad. On the Eastside I park on 61st off of 1st. Large upstairs with all exotics. The guys knows me and always puts my car up front. When I lived in the city, I had two monthly spots there, so they take good care of me. If you know anyone with a large truck it is one of the only garages that takes large trucks. Once in a while, if the weather is bad I take my Excursion to the city and park there. Most garages won't accept trucks that big. On the West side I'm lost!

Gary