BMW M1 PROCAR VALUE? | FerrariChat

BMW M1 PROCAR VALUE?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by jgs, Aug 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    i have a bmw m1 procar racecar that i am thinking of selling(have to...) its only 40 made. does anybody know the value of it? anybody interested?
    its based in norway.

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    An M1? That is a very cool car! Do you know if it can be made street legal? If yes, what kind of money would it take to do that?

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thats pretty awesome. Which procar is it? Care to post pics?

Btw, i personally think about $150k TOPS for it

4. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    no problem. its already legal, but without the slick and some other minor details. have gotten an offer a bit over 240k dollars in the shape that it is...but i dont know what to do with it?? anyway, its a funny car, it has 650hp and its quit light, so it is very fast and actually very reliable.

5. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004

hehe:) i gotta take some pictures first..

6. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Theres an article in I believe Automobile comparing the M1's and the Lotus Esprit, and they say the M1 BMW's are going for something like 300K? I can't really remember but so I may be wrong. But you may want to go to a magazine stand to check it out. I know yours is a race car, but it may also have a guide for your car as well.

7. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    thanks:) i have a little information if anybody is interested. The car has production nr 195 and is a procar group 4 racer. Here in norway it is not a roblem to register it for use on public roads as an historic vehicle. i have been checking the papers a bit, and it has prox 480 hp, not 650 as i wrote earlier...anyway, its fast! i have kept it 100% original exept for the paintjob, but i can have that done if needed. I already have a bid on 240.000,- dollars, so everything over that will be considered.

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

what is the history on the car? what ace drove it in the series?

i would certainly be a welcome addition at most vintage events.

9. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    it was originaly bought by a guy called bob crevier, im not shure who drove it though...i can try to investigate it some more...

10. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004

Owned by joe crevier racing and driven by al unser jr in 81-82 as it seems....

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

You dont know what to do with the $ or the M1 ? Why not go vintage racing with the M1 ? That would be a lot of fun

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree

13. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I know the photos are small, but is this your car? it is currently for sale.

14. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I own 2 M1's,one of them being a procar.If you received an offer of $240000US for the procar jump all over it.No procar that i know changed hands for more than $150000US over the past 2 years although i think they will be appreciating fast over the next 5 years.

15. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    it looks almost the same....but its not. where is this for sale?

16. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    The m1...its beeing sold now, need the money to restore some other cars..

17. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Post some pics it would be interesting to see, plus exposure here will probably end up in a sale.

18. jgs

jgs Rookie

Aug 6, 2004
    I have been trying to, i have some pictures of it during the restoration and some originals, but they dont show....hehe, maybe i have to read the manual:)

19. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto