Who is coming to Shanghai | FerrariChat

Who is coming to Shanghai

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Michael Collins, Aug 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Its only 29 days to the race, who is coming? Do you need any advise on your location here , hotels etc.

We are only three chatters in Shanghai and I think only the judge4re and myself will be in town for the race. If you have a probem drop us a line.

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Likewise, if you need anything, just ask.

3. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Thanks for the offer guys. I do have one question regarding the circuit's grand stand seat numbers. I have paid for some Diamond section seats, but don't know how the seats are numbered so I don't know how to pick my seat numbers when the tickets come in next week.

The best un-official info I have to date is the following: lower deck of the grand stand is A and B while the upper decks are C and D. There are 16 sections from beginning of straight to just before turn 1.

Within each section there are 10 rows of seats and each row is numbered 1 to 48 from left to right.

Anybody know for sure this is correct? My secretary called the circuit and nobody seems to know the official seating plan.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I don't know how they are numbered, but I'm in Area L, Section L4, Row 3, Seats 89 and 90.

5. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    I have tried to make any sense of the information available but cannot give a conclusion will keep looking. The seating in some stands such as the 'C' stand seems to be a free for all. All very confusing but this is China.

6. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    #6 theera, Sep 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If someone is sitting in your seat, this is all the Chinese you have to know:

"Cha ni ma, gun kai."

Another lesson brought to you by "da gue lo".

8. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    K.Theera krub, if you have a chance, would you kick M'Shu's butt for winning this year too easily...ha ha.

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    i'll be in attendance along with several other NW Fchatters! Forza Ferrari!!

10. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    Why kick Shu's/ Ferrari's butt for raising the bar.

Kick the butts of all the other teams who haven't risen to the occasion. Don't make the tests easier just because a few kids are failing and feel bad about it.

11. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Erik:

Thanks for the info. I think I will be getting tickets in the C8 section.

Regards,

cwwhk

12. Rennmaus

Rennmaus Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    now Passau
    Full Name:
    Gisela & Helmut S.
    Hi F-chatter,

My Husband, Helmut and I will be going to Shanghai.
    Flying out of Chicago to Germany first on 11 Sep, then from 20thSept to 28th in Shanghai. Our tickets are in K-block.

Who knows of a meeting place at the track , maybe before or between practices.... where the Fchatters could maybe meet???

Bets regards
    Gisela S.
    Rennmaus