Give a 15 year old a birthday ride | FerrariChat

Give a 15 year old a birthday ride

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by raygr, Aug 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    At the Ferraris on 12th event this year, I met a young man who is a Ferrari fan of the most extreme type. I got an email from his mom today looking for some kind of Ferrari experience for his 15th birthday. I'm posting this here in case anybody in Kitsap county is able to help her out. I've offered him a ride, but I'm not too close. -Ray

------

Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:18 AM
    Subject: ferrari

Dear Ray, I am the mom of the boy, Matthew, who you met at Ferrari of Seattle a few months ago. He will be 15 in September and I am trying to arrange some kind of Ferrari experience for him. The Italian Concours on the pier has been cancelled this year. I have a call in to Ferrari of Seattle but do not know how much help they will be to a non buyer. If you know of any event or a place where I could rent a Ferrari for a couple of hours I would appreciate your input. Do you know of anyone in Kitsap County that owns a Ferrari that you would trust to take Matthew for a ride? Mother on a quest, Diane Jones P.S. Thank-you for your time.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    If I lived in Kitsap I would give Matt a ride he would never forget. Unfortunately I am in North Snohomish County. When is Matt's B'day?

3. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    His mom just said in September. I don't think she meant it had to be on his actual birthday. -Ray

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    If my car were actually driveable right now I'd love to volunteer for this. I'll send her a note asking when she wanted to do it.

John

Edit: Mail sent. Depending on when she wanted to do this it might be a chance for that West Sound Breakfast club drive! Hopefully my car will be back together in about a week.

5. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I was going to say something of the sort.....maybe we can ALL meet for a breakfast club (in and around the date of his Bday) and he could take maybe several rides....we could do a drive and he could maybe hop from car to car???

6. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Where about is Kitsap anyway and doesn't Park Place in Bellevue rent Ferraris?

7. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    I doubt she will want to shell out $$$$to rent a car for her son to get a ride, but yes they do or did rent Ferraris.

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Good idea for a Breakfast Club Run, Chris!

9. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    #9 raygr, Aug 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    So Ray, what don't ya think about getting in touch with "MA" and aksing her for a time frame/date, and lets discuss a breakfast club meeting and I think JW and I could come up with a good drive....I even have the breakfast spot as well. Thoughts?

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I sent an e-mail last night but haven't heard back yet. I asked when she wanted to do it and told her we might be able to get more than one car together for him! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Chris,
    Depending on how far we want to go I've got a couple routes roughed out. They just need a little fine tuning. Where are you thinking of starting?

12. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I think its awseome that you guys are willing to give this 15yr old a ride,,,,,,When I buy my 348 I will be more then welcome to give a farrari enthusiast a ride... as I remember people reaching out to me when I was younger to give me a true ferrari experience

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    The mom was the one who was asking about where she can rent a Ferrari in her e-mail to Ray (See the starter post). I am simply answering her question and trying to help. I do not know how much it will cost, I wasn't even 100% sure that Park Place rents Ferraris. That's why I was asking ya'll too.

14. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    John -

You're more than one step ahead of me, I havent' thought of a starting point other than breakfast...Hudson street cafe down in the harbor is one of the best I think. If it's sounding like it might be a go, we can chat further!

Anthony -

I've see 355's rent for $600-$700 a day and I actually rented a 360 in Napa for $1300/day. these usually only include about 100 miles then it's $3/mile beyond that. My experience ran me about $1800 when it was all said and done.......

for what it's worth, I think she'd be better off sending her kid out with a bunch of strangers!!!!! :)

15. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'll give him a ride if we do a breakfast run. that is... if he doesn't mind a cruise in an old 308.

16. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I just found out his b'day is Sept 20th, but any time would do. School starts on the 8th, so weekends would be better after that. -Ray

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The only thing that rocks more than this thread is YOU guys... Thumbs up to all of you... You guys kick ass... :)

18. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Ray and interested others,

I also got an e-mail back from Mom. My first thought was a breakfast club run on the 19th since his B-day is the 20th but...that's the weekend of the North Cascades trip.

So...The way I see it there are a few options.

Option #1 Do it the the weekend before or after (12th or 26th) the North Cascades trip.

Option #2 Those that aren't going on the trip can get together for a run on the 19th.

Option #3 I'm open to other Options! (maybe something during the week?)

Having a breakfast club run on the 12th would be my personal preference because I'm going on the North Cascade trip and will likely be busy again at work after that. Then again it's not about me, it's about Matthew!!

Let me know what your preferences are or if you have a better idea!! Sounded to me like thier schedule was pretty flexible too!

John

By the way, thanks NNO! I think it's great that Mom really wants to feed her son's passion!! Besides, My personal philosophy about Ferrari's is...If you've got it, share it!!

19. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I'll put my vote in for the 12th.....how's about everyone else?

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I might be able to make that myself. Don't forget about the Kirkland Concours on the 11th at Carillon Point. Amazing stuff there last year.

21. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I'm in.......assuming no scheduling conflicts............september is a very busy month.....eg. Shanghai Formula One!:)

Matthew should get a kick out of multiple Ferraris parked in front of his house!

22. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    I'd love to partake, but the 12th is out for me - I've got to go down do Skamania for an Executive MBA residency week.

I'm definitely open on the 11th, though. I'll second what everybody else is saying. I think it will be an incredible experience for Mathew and is exactly the kind of thing that gives us owners a good name (and helps offset all the negative readings out there due to the really snooty owners out there).

Just goes to show how great you guys in the local club really are!

23. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Atlanta this week, Tulsa/Hawaii next week and I'm leaving for Europe on the 11th back the 16th - drive to wintrhop on 17 back 18th lv for Shanghai on 19th

24. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I'm planning to be at the Kirkland Concours on Sept 11, and I can probably make it for the 12th.

25. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    So far it looks like the 12th??

Next question is will those of you from the North end want to drive to Gig Harbor or take one of the Ferries over.

I mapped out a route for after breakfast with some REALLY good roads but it will be about 60 miles rountrip back to G.H.

The other option would be to start somewhere in Bremerton or Silverdale if most of you would be taking the ferry.

Give me some comments and we'll narrow it down.