Any of you CT guys wanna join us Sat.? | FerrariChat

Any of you CT guys wanna join us Sat.?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 993 guy, Aug 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Looks like a group of us will be heading up to Greenwich on Sat to visit Miller and do a drive in the area. It would be great to meet up with you guys and also tap your knowledge of the roads up in CT. Let us know if you can make it...

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    CT never represent! prolly tristate should be renamed as NY-NJ. hehe :)

3. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    You're right! What's up wit dat!

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    If you really look at it, it's only NYC, LI, and Eastern NJ representing.

Gus: My hat's off to you for trekking up to all the events that you do. Gus has the enthusiasts' bug bad :)

5. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yep. we've been carrying tri-state and EC. might well just get the credit all to ourselves :)

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    fFfWwWWWwwweEERrRRRfffFFfFFF ZZzzZzeeeEEEnNNnNNN!

7. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Southern CT was considered Westchester County when i lived in the Westchester. Lots of good looking rich girls in the Rye, Greenwich, Bedford, White Plains area. I miss it alot. Ok ill go back to midatlantic

8. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Hey Clyde, thanks. It's a pleasure with the f-chat crew. And the Cargraphic team is great.

Besides, until I can afford my own F car, I'm hanging with you guys like white on feta! LOL.

9. vinnycar

vinnycar Karting

Mar 7, 2004
    New Canaan, CT
    Full Name:
    Vincent Cardone
    Right..CT seems way under-represented. I joined F-Chat just before swapping my 996 for a 348 in April and greatly enjoyed the ROE shortly thereafter. Will join the October run and try to make the Borghata.

Let me know when you guys will be showing up at Millers and I will try to meet you. The weather looks good (remember I am the weather guy).

I purchased two cars from Werner Phister of Millers within the past 10 years and he is a very good guy. They apparently just got in a nice red 365 GTC in on trade and I would love to see it. There is very little parking in this part of Greenwich though maybe Miller will open the garage. Also note that between 11AM and 3PM the Porsche dealer across the street from Millers, New Country Porsche, is hosting the unveiling of the 997, the "new" 911, with food and drink. My salesman there is John Resnick, another very nice car guy from whom I have purhased 3 P-Cars in the past 5 years from him and her is also a very nice car guy....mention my name (Vinny Cardone) to him if I can not make it. I am afraid this part of Greenwich does not have much in the way of good roads to open up the cars..it is far better in northern Westchester.

10. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    So join us Vinny and show us the way! We're going to be checking out the new 997 in the AM in NJ (was there is evening and it's a very nice ride), but it will be great to catch up with you at Miller. I also know Werner and he is a true enthusiast in addition to being the sales manager. How can we contact you on our way up there? As for roads in Greenwich, I was thinking of the Round Hill area or Lake St. just for a jaunt through some pretty country and nice pavement. It would be great to have you along...

11. udalmia

udalmia Guest

ok I got a stop to make at 5:30ish near brads tattoo place to get the stripe put on, anyone comin with me?

12. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Depends who goes.

13. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Vinny - You're an awesome Nutmeg State Rep!! I'm in CT also (currently Milford, but originally and most of my life in Darien). I got your back!!!

As for the rest of ya... I'm bringin my PIMP HAND to STRONG ARM YOU HOES!!! CT has got it going on... CT has Hartford which is known as the insurance capital. And without insurance, none of us can drive.

What time we meeting at Miller? I know some good roads from New Canaan, into Bedford NY, and back into Stamford. Hopefully we won't get stuck behind a blue hair in a buick...

Post up New Yorkers!!

14. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    We're in baby. You better represent my friend...was lookin' bleek there for a little while for you CT boys. I assume that we'll be in Greenwich late morning, so shoot me your cell # and I'll call you as we're heading up to Miller.

E

15. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Celly # is 203-451-2492 . Shoot me a hollar dawg!!!

Yeah, it was lookin bleek for CT reps. I gotta rally the troops like Patton did back in the day... I hear the battle music now!

Peace out!!

16. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i am going. i think we should all travel in group, to LI.

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Yeah, safety in numbers. The cops can't get all of you!

18. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    we past a bunch today. they left us all alone. Guess it was too hot to get out of their nice air conditioned cruisers. ;)

19. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Yeah, and we sure were moving along at a good clip on some of the CT backroads. Man was it beautiful though...brings me back to why I've always wanted to have a home up there. Thanks Dwight for leading the way in your TR...it was a pleasure to meet you. Oh and once again, Happy 30th!

20. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Yes, Happy Birthday.

What better way to spend it then rippen through some CT roads in that incredible TestaRossa? I think Eric's expression was something like "Sh#t, that car can move!" lol

21. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I think it was more on the lines of..

"Mustttt getttt ferrrrarrriiii"

22. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

Yes, I heard him mumbling that phrase too! but that was before he saw the 959. With that, I saw his eyes roll back into their sockets & his head swiveled around 360 degrees.....TWICE! He's got it bad :)

23. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    True on both counts gentlemen...very true.

That TR did have me diggin' down into the pedal pretty hard on the ol' 993 alright. The TR might have a Phat a$$, but man does she get up and running on those straights! V12 baby, there is no substitute. ;-)

24. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Guys, I've driven those roads plenty of times, and have come to know them. It's a nice little circuit for me to go tearing around. I'm much more of a pu55y on roads that I'm new to, and don't know where they go. It is a hell of a feeling going into a turn too fast, and having to figure out how you're going to come through without bending some precious metal...
    As for getting the fat ass TR to get going, just keep it around 4000 on the tach, and she pulls away nicely when you want her to.
    Sometime we'll hit those roads early a.m. when there's no traffic to hold us up...

25. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    If I were on speaking terms with the local PCA, I'd report you! :)