And today, what is happening? | FerrariChat

And today, what is happening?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Aug 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Yep, it's hazy, hot, and humid. Anything else on tap noting the Nazareth run?

2. udalmia

udalmia Guest

im sitting around doing nothing, i might take a drive up to central jersey to say hello to allen and michael

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

or maybe today i should let my dad actually drive the car :D

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Eh. He's got all of September to drive the car.

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    He goes to college Saturday. So very few days left.

6. udalmia

udalmia Guest

drove another 120 miles today, race mode all the way

what a car.. incredible, just incredible

7. udalmia

udalmia Guest

oh and my dad goes for his first drive and comes back in 5 minutes

"the seats are too ******* low this car sucks"

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

Utkarsh: "No problem, dad. That's more time in the driver seat for me!"

9. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    anyone make it to nazareth? It was really hot. Got a ride in the pace car etc. During the race, someone on the Marlbro team who was re-fueling #6 (drivers name escapes me) caught fire. Big mess, the car left and almost hit his team mate and then came in on the next lap because his car was on fire (from what i could tell) so they sprayed him down and off he went again. Did i mention he was in the lead. He came in somewhere in the back.

10. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

LOL - thats hilarious!

11. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I was there...HOT is an understatement for the temps there today. Drove out there in my buddies 745i Sport...what a nice cruiser that things is. I have to tell ya, iDrive may get a bad rap, but it's a whole lot of fun to play with in the passenger seat! I haven't rode shotgun since...man, it's been so long I can't remember. Kinda nice though in that machine after being in the 993 for many hours the day before.

As for the race, yeah that refueling incident was quite unfortunate being that he led the race the entire time and had to let it go because of a pit mistake. Had a good time though and man do those cars SCREAM!! What? Did you say something? ;-)

12. udalmia

udalmia Guest

you guys need to come for the f1 indianapolis race next year its an hour from my school it was an amazing experience

13. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I also want to hit the race in Montreal in the near future as well...

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yeah last year I was at the straight at indy, stands were relatively empty and I was literally 10-15 feet from f1 cars doing 300k's on the straight.. incredible

15. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I don't think you actually know how LOUD those things are until you attend one of these races. I went as a guest of Tag Heuer today so they hooked me up with a goodie bag chock full of everything you need at the race (I have the cool hat on right now actually ;-)). There were folks next to me without ear plugs on and I just can't imagine not having some kind of ear protection. Then they had us wearing long pants in the pits...it was sooo freakin' hot!

16. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yeah.. speaking of loud I think I am gonna put test pipes on the stradale spring next year

17. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Sorry I missed you. I was up at 5:30 and on the road by 6:30. was doing over 100 mph at one poin ton rt. 78 on the way down there, made record time.

We had a decent breeze on top of the media center for most of the race, which heled with the heat (but not much), and using the radio scanners helps alot with the engine noise (you should have heard the chatter on the Marlboro radios when the fire was happining. Someone left there mike keyed open and you could hear everyone yelling. It was a bit scary because I know alot of those guys, and they were literally on fire. The Team PR people where down there and came back soaked with water. Every one in the pit area was wetted down, including Roger Penske.

Then Sam's car cought fire, and they had to bring him in (on fire!), they pu thim out and he went back out on the track, and would had done alright if they hadn't given him a drive through penalty.

Crap, we were looking so good too. Oh well, next time....

18. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Let's do the Miami Grand Prix. Stay at the Inter-Continental on the 7th floor -- right on the street of the second straight.

I went last year and woke up to the sound of CART practice every morning at 8.

It rocked.

19. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I'm there. Sounds like an absolute blast...

Hey Josh, sorry that we didn't hook up on Sat or today at the race. Would have loved to hear all the chatter from the Penske team...must have been nuts.

Hope we can catch up soon on another run...maybe we'll head up to do some of the back roads again! ;-)

20. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    the thing is is that the sound just gets bounced off the metal stands and is deafining.

21. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    What? Huh? Oh yeah, you can say that again... ;-)