PETIT LE MANS 9-22-25 | FerrariChat

PETIT LE MANS 9-22-25

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Who's going? Any Parade laps for F cars? Accomadations? Chateau Elan reservations, only 7 rooms left for Saturday night. Better hurry!

2. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Wish I could go. I just cant afford it this year. I went last year,
    and spent alot of the day up there, as well as hanging out at
    my friends house who lives up the road.

3. Racin

Racin Rookie

Nov 30, 2003
    Southeastern US
    Full Name:
    Will
    I am going to try to go. Sorry no F-Car here, just a college kid. What is the best day to go?

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Saturday is the day of the big race. Starts at 11, runs until they've gone 1000 miles, usually about 8 PM or so.

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yep I'll be there!

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Mitch and Jim, see you there! :D

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford

Of course I'll be there........

8. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    yea yea you too Jeremy ;)

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Actually the race start has been moved to 12 noon. (Maybe they want to ensure the race ends in the dark.)

Suggestion: why doesn't the first F-car to arrive head to the skidpad and try to "hold" an area for other Ferraris?

10. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Why don't one of your Ferrari owners / FCA members contact the track and setup a Ferrari Corral? Parade laps wouldn't be hard to set up either. I'd call for you but my little CLK doens't have a horsey on it.

11. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    time to start rollin the pennies...gotta rack up all the dollaz i can now to see if i can make it haha :D

12. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    You'll make it! I'm sure you will, just remember Petit everytime you are about to blow your cash. This will be a good lesson to help you start saving your money while you are still young. I think if you get yor ticket by 9/10 you save $10. Meaning a saturday only ticket is like $45, fri/sat $55, wed-sat $65. Give me a call I might be headed to greenville one day this weekend jus tto hang out, so if you wanna do Wild Wings let me know.

13. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    You forget Jeremy I'm gettin a free ticket(s) mwuahahahaha. All my cost will be gas down there probably and lunches. Yea man I'm free after 1 each day (college 0wnz) so whenever you come down here give me a ring!

Peace

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I just ordered my ticket, and I'd like to drive my F-car there.

Has anyone done anything to set up a Ferrari corral? (Can't let the Corvette guys have all the fun.)

I propose that the first F-car driver to arrive head straight for the skidpad and try to "reserve" an area for Ferraris. Anyone else have a better idea?

(I presume they will be running the shuttle trams around the infield?)

15. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I'll be there early and try to meet you Jim. I'll be in my CLK again, but I can still help reserve spots. The only problem I can think of is the RV's parked all over the skidpad. I know cuz I was one of them last year hahaha however there is plenty of parking on the grass between the skidpad/autocross course. Yes they will have the shuttle as long as it is working that is! Are you goign to be there friday and saturday Jim?

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Can i pay for my ticket when i get there or does it need to be pre-purchased...? How much is it just to spectate...?

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Firstly, I expect to be there both days, but if either day is inclement I'll be bringing my Honda instead.

Secondly, it appears we will have a Ferrari corral out by the skidpad: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31203

Thirdly, Carbon, you can buy tickets onsite, but it will be less expensive if you buy in advance. They won't mail them out now; you'd have to pick them up at Will Call. Info is at http://www.roadatlanta.com/events.lasso?-database=road_events&-layout=ev_2&-response=eventdetail.lasso&-recordID=10&-search

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  19. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I am going for all four days. I don't have a banner but I do have a flag. I talked to the dealership and they aren't sure if they are going to let me take a car/truck to the race. I would love to bring the new Tundras because of the more powerful engine (42 more hp) but they aren't to keen on me driving because I am still on crutches. We will see.

Joe C.

Would love to bring a Scion tC because we have a demo, I will try hard.