Saw a Carrera GT supercar today. | FerrariChat

Saw a Carrera GT supercar today.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chaa, Aug 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    About two hourrs ago in Luton airport about 11am. Never seen one before on the road. Its fantastic and has an awsom stance, it was a LHD grey/silver one.The good news is the boss was with me....and he fell in love with it and asked me how much they are. Thats always a good sign.

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    You should be able to tell us what its like to drive beforelong then.

3. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I dropped into the Porsche Festival today at Brands Hatch. There were at least two Carrera GTs there (one silver, one yellow) but I only went to see the LeMans cars (917, 956 etc.).... truly awesome.

For those of you who have been following the P3/4 thread, the much discussed David Piper was there with two 917s. I didn't feel he'd appreciate being asked about chassis 0846 though!

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    You should've gone yesterday Steve!

They sound awesome don't they?

Did you hear the old LeMans cars start up? Like thunder.

£345k is the least I've seen one for....a blk/blk. They're all LHD BTW.

5. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    I SAT IN THE STEVE MCQUEEN LE MANS PORSCHE 917 AT GOODWOOD EARLIER THIS YEAR WHILE IT WAS RUNNING AS PART OF MY JOB AND IT WAS AWESOME. WHEN I WIN THE LOTTERY IM GOING TO TRY AND BUY IT!!!!!! I JUST LOVE THAT GULF LIVERY! p.s sorry about the capitals!

6. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I couldn't get there yesterday due to other committments but today was fine. The PCGB certainly put on a good show.

Yes, the carrera GT is nice, but personally if I had that kind of cash I would go for something cheaper but with similar performance (a CS perhaps) that I wouldn't mind putting some miles on and 'invest' the rest in a classic. Maybe it's an age thing!

7. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    If I had millions to spend on cars I would buy one, if I ''only'' had £345k I wouldn't.

8. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    That 917 was there today, alongside the Piper cars. It did a few demo laps too. On the dash it has a sticker dedicated to the memory of 3 racers, including Steve McQueen.