Sunglasses | FerrariChat

Sunglasses

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSL, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    This seems a little silly but what sun glasses do you guys wear? Are there any Ferrari logo sun glasses? My sun glasses were stolen and I'm not sure what to get as a replacement.

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i found a pair on the golf course one day and i love em, i dont know what kind they are but i look pimpin with them on.

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Lol, I have lost 2 pairs of sunglasses to the golf course. Put them in LOST AND FOUND! :)

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    And you did not turn them in? SHAME on you! And we all thought your were the Coolestekidever! BAD BOY!

5. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Personally, I like Oakley & Nike for sports activity. For general wear anywhere, I like Prada, Gucci, Bvulgari, & Dior.

Good sunglasses can be worn inside w/out much problem, I noticed. Just colored lense only blocks light, so you can't see anything inside a building.

What is your purpose for wearing shades? There're many types to match your application, so I would recommend going to sunglass shop to try them on, and ask questions. Unfortunately not every salesmen are well knowledged, so if they seems to know not much about glasses, go to different store.

6. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Oakleys for me,I used to wear only Ray-bans but to be honest got a bit tired of paying high prices for sunglasses that kept coming apart or breaking(with 3 different pairs)
    Dave Mc

7. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Serengetti Drivers are fantastic.

8. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    My choice also.

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ALL of them! :D

My Latest are ZeroH+ (from the Allinghi America's Cup Team)

DL

10. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SAME AS LICENSE PLATE FRAMES, FLOOR MATS, AND WAXES.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM, J SCOTT :)

REVOS........................

11. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Christian Dior or Police, nothing too flash and always as dark a tint as possible

12. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Maui Jim

I never go anywhere without them. I'm about to have them make me some with prescription Maui Jim lenses.

Once I tried polarized lenses I can't go back to normal lenses.

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Whatever's cheapest at Target when i've lost or crushed the current pair... :)

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Same as carb. Life wasnt the same after my Mclaren Carbon Fibre sunnies were crushed.....

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Dragon and Spy. Oh yeah, Brikos for cycling. And I have some BMW ones that are killer for golf.

16. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I got some BMW ones when i bought my M3. I sold them to the kid working in spare parts in the dealership because the Dealer was too tight. He still wears them to this day. I knew there was a reason why my car always get serviced faster than all the other cars!!

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I have had Oakley Romeos for about 5 years now, they are great. I also have a pair of XXs but I don't wear them as much.

18. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey!!! Theres me on your notebook!!!!
    Nice sunnies. Ive found Oakley to pretty weak lenses. Have you had any trouble with scratching?

19. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Yes and no..... I have had the Romeos for a few years now and the only really noticable scratches are from a time I dropped them on a sidewalk and they landed lenses down. oops... They are pretty small, aren't really visible unless you are looking and don't interfere with my vision at all so I don't worry about it. The only real problem I have had is that there are some small cracks which are almost invisible on the edge of the lense near a joint in the frame. When I stopped by Oakley headquarters (in SoCal) a couple weeks ago they said it happens sometimes with the early models and offered to replace them with a completely new pair for $40. It seemed like a fairly reasonable offer considering they were $250 new and to get a set of new lenses (to replace my very lightly scratched ones) would be $80.

I did have a problem with my XX frames but they replaced them right away. I kind of suspect it is related to my head size, I got a big head and I think it kind of tweaked them out of shape. They come with adjustable joints and the replacement pair is adjusted a bit larger and should be fine.

My latest pair is called the "Big Square Wire" I think. I got them with a lense color called titanium clear which has only a very faint mirror effect. I got them to help keep my eyes from drying out when driving around at night in the convertible. So far, no scratches.....

20. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    O.K., I'm going with Serengeti Silver Titanium. Should match my car pretty well.

21. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

Used to have Serengetti's but found a pair of Ray-Ban's that I like now.

22. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I use to have a pair of Serengetti's until they were stolen by a valet. They were really good for driving in low light b/c they were not to dark.

23. Gucci Strass 1777 with Dark Grey Lens

Cartier - To many to choose from with excessive pricing.

24. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    #24 redhead, Dec 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    oakley juliet's to fit my small head.Have had them since Sept of 2000. By far, the best glasses I have ever owned. The lenses are great for low light, aka driving through shadows. Had them "rebuilt" by oakley for 70 a year ago. Oh and 4 other pairs of oakleys that never get worn.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ahh man. You pimping up tha street!!
    Are they scratched yet?