Ferrari body work shop | FerrariChat

Ferrari body work shop

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by PGrenier, Aug 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PGrenier

PGrenier Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Darnestown, MD
    Full Name:
    Peter C. Grenier
    Hey everyone:

As you may know, in a very "David Kassir-like" moment,I decided to crunch my left rocker panel on the TR while attempting to park at my parking garage. After calling everyone in the solar system, I found tha prt, through Algar, who got it from Ferrari. I now have a body part that needs to be painted and installed. I am looking for a good body shop that will not gouge me due to the marques, in painting it red and installing it. If anyone knows someone good in the Montgoemry County area, I would appreciate it. Kurz Automotive (Gaithersburg) has ignored my two voicemail messages, so apparently they are not interested in the work. Thanks

2. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    If you do not mind travelling to near where your part is Karosserie in PA is the best place around, but you will pay for it. I have used First Performance in Alexandria several times and referred other owners of special cars as well. Everyone has been very pleased with quality, turnaround and price. They used to be at Heishmann Porsche before going out on their own about 10 years ago. Good Guys

3. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Peter-
    I have a place in the air park that builds Ferrari race cars. They do great work and may not be as pricey as dealerships. Call me and ill give you there info

Antony

4. F430xxx

F430xxx Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2004
    Peter, Peter, Peter, It has to be Karma.........:) Sell your Ferrari Digital camera spend the money and get it done right. I will look into it for you

DK

5. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Grand Touring in Laurel does great bodywork, but it would take an act of God to get them to look at your car before November.

LS

6. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Anfernee/Andy, which shop in the Air Park are you referring to? Gordon Tatum's?

LS

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    The trip to Karosserie is worth it, just to see how they do what they do. They are, by all accounts I've heard, the best - they're putting a roll bar and harnesses in my Stradale. Karosserie is in King of Prussia, Pa.

8. PGrenier

PGrenier Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Darnestown, MD
    Full Name:
    Peter C. Grenier
    Thanks to all for their intelligent (for the most part) input. I have the part sitting in my office (luckily I have a hugeeee office) and it seems to me that painting and installation are not a big deal. Would love to get it done quickly, as I cannot stand anything short of perfection and I am daily reminded of my own stupidity (David,I now know how it feels -- I feel for you as well).

9. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    If perfection is required then Karosserie is the only choice. They did the bumper on my 355 before I bought it and the paint is perfect. Pricey yes, but when my bumper needs it again or if somebody hits my 355...then they will be the only ones to touch it.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dick von Medicus at Karosserie is the way to go.

They'll arrange transport, and will do a first rate job, although you will pay premium dollars for it.

While it's there, get him to touch up any other part of the car that needs it.

The shop is something else to visit.

11. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Peter,

I can try and help you with Grand Touring if you'd like. Let me know.

12. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Isn't it great when we all pull together for one common objection..........? Its amazing.

Las- im not sure if thats the name....ill get back to you on that.

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Call Cavallo autobody in West chester PA on Rt 202. There number is 610-558-2900 ask to talk to marty and tell him Erik Panichi sent you. They will take care of you. Check out their website at www.cavalloautobody.com
    Erik