Visit to Ferrari of CNJ | FerrariChat

Visit to Ferrari of CNJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by udalmia, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Had nothing to do today (pretty much like everyday) so decided to make a trip to Ferrari Maserati of Central New jersey..

met the staff, Christopher Miele in sales, Ralph in service and Enzo the tech

first impression, fantastic facility, very spacious and very well equipped

Stradale had a couple of problems, passenger side door wouldnt open and CE light had come on a couple of days earlier, Enzo fixed them free of charge on the spot

Chris is a fantastic guy, spent a lot of time talking to him, straight shooter, no BS, hes checking fchat pretty frequently and wants us to do a run there very soon, honestly one of the best salesmen i have dealt with

In short, FoCNJ is going to be getting my business in the future, we should definetely do a run out there, especially after certain 'issues' we all have had with other service spots, if you want a place to buy a 430, this is it, for me at least

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Good to know. Where are they, and how far are they from the city?

I thought the idea was to plan a run to them once they had officially opened, which I believe was to be in September. Any further clarity on this?

When do you leave to go back to U, U?

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Leavin Saturday afternoon Vik..

They're opening officially soon ( i dont remember when exactly ), grand opening later on, but I dont see any reason why we cant visit there now, pretty much everything is in place

About 40 minutes from my place, I'd say an hour from the city

4. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Hey Vik, it's a nice run from the city down the NJTPK to exit 9 and then to the facility. Without traffic it should be under an hour from NYC. I'm looking forward to seeing this place. BTW U, do you know if they are taking orders for the 430 yet? I might know a couple of guys who are interested. Hint Hint. ;-)

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Why dont you give Chris Miele a call and ask? Ill pm you his details

6. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Thanks bro. BTW, my wife loves Joey and she hasn't even met him yet. I'm swimming in Pug breeder websites as we speak. I created yet another monster! :)

7. udalmia

udalmia Guest

So you wouldnt want that video of Joey and Phoebe I presume ;)

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Edison, NJ. With no traffic you are looking at 30-45 minutes. 30 min. the way you guys drive.

9. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Oh boy...well, if you have it send it over. I might as well just give in! :)

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'm muzzled son - I gotta drive like you these days. ;)

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sounds like a plan. We should coordinate with Chris to make a run down there once they are ready and open.

12. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I noticed that on Saturday during our run to Greenwich...makes me sad. :-(

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Now I had it right the whole time. The Greenwich was a fun run even though we did not go over 100MPH and most of the time it was around 70MPH.

14. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Ummm, Keith I think you were looking at the Tach and not the Speedo in Clyde's car. When we were moving along (not in traffic)...we were MOVING along of you know what I mean. :)

15. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I did not include that one as only two of us were on it for the majority.

16. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I e-mailed Chris asking about the 430 list. I'll report back here what he says.

17. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    if F of CNJ or any other dealer can get me a 430 in 2005.....I will buy the car now! ill do my 30k with them this winter too....etc....

please let them know.

18. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I'm going to visit them tomorrow. Time for an oil change.

19. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    do they give out espresso and bread? :)

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yes, I spoke with him as well about it. He said that they are not going to be able to take deposits until the car has officially been announced. The reason he could not take deposits until then is because they are a publicly traded company and if they did this and something went wrong this could be VERY bad for their company and shareholders. We all know the worse that could happen; especially Hubert.

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Makes sense to me. I thought I had heard, though, that certain other FChat members had put deposits down for a 430 with their respective dealers. Was this a European phenomenon, or are some dealers just helping out their "best" customes on the sly?

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Dealers that are not publicly traded can have lists before the car before it is offically announced.

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Whats the name of their public company? The Penske Group?

24. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I believe so

25. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Affiliated with United Auto Group; UAG. Just looked up in the computer. Here it is:

"On to our Spotlight Stock. Based in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., United Auto Group saw Penske Corp. snatch 357,123 of its shares in mid-February for $10.5 million ($29.49 per share). Penske Corp. is a privately held transportation-services company whose namesake, Roger Penske, is Chief Executive and Chairman of United Auto. The purchase brings Penske Corp.'s total position in United Auto to 19.4 million shares.

Roger Penske noted in a Feb. 17 press release that Penske Corp. has invested $212 million in United Auto since 1999. "As I look forward, I am excited about United Auto's growth potential," he gushed."