My visit to F car dealer today- priceless!!! | FerrariChat

My visit to F car dealer today- priceless!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lapeter, Aug 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    I was in Salt Lake city today on business and for the first time I had the pleasure of visiting Steve Harris Ferrari. I have been on "the list" for over two years and this is the first time I have visited the dealership. Sean and his dad Steve are both great guys. I was able to see my name on "the list" and his dealership does tranfer to the 430 spider. I'm still a ways out, but I think it will be worth the wait. I took my wife and favorite neice, Kristy with me. I told Kristy about the long wait and if I wanted a new 360 spider, I would have to pay $25,000 over MSRP. She said "uncle Al, why don't you just do that?" My answer to Kris was that since I live five hours away from the F car dealer, I really haven't looked at a 360 spider in a long time. I am real happy with my 355 spider and I would just wait for the MSRP car. Kris stated that 20K is only 10% of the price of the car. It's not a big deal. She made me think a little. While at the dealership I saw a new 360 spider red (my color) with Sabia interior, daytona seats w/black inserts and black piping and WOW!!! I am in love. That Sabia leather is beautiful. While there I saw a re ENZO and I got to sit in it. I can't explain what that was like. The great thing about this ENZO was that it had 16,000 miles on it!!! An ENZO daily driver!!! PRICELESS!!! There was also a F40 there but the ENZO was my thrill. I don't drive the spider in the winter, but come this spring I may look for a used 360 spider.
    As a side note, I asked Sean what the value of my 1996 355 spider red/tan with 23,000 miles was with all services done etc. He said that it was worth $80,000 and I agree with him. I think that is market for that car. Sean mentioned that they are building spiders until spring 2005. I can't wait for the 430. It has been a great day. If you get to Salt Lake City, stop in and visit Harris imports and it will be a great experience.

2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I have had several interactionw with Sean when I was looking at used Ferraris. My experiences have been superlative, and I would not hesitate to deal with them in complete confidence. Having said that, I feel the same way about Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo in Portland. They have had some personnel changes, and I think that they are now firing on all 8 (or 12 as the case may be) cylinders.

3. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Congrats, Al, on your forthcoming F-430...you must be excited!

Would concur with you and others regarding Steve, Sean, and the rest of the fine staff at Harris Imports. From my very limited conversations & dealings with them it has been a pleasure, and they've always been very helpful and informative.

A couple of years ago, they had a very nice '85 red/tan Testarossa listed as inventory. It just so happened that my mother was flying out to Salt Lake City to visit her sister and relatives. I asked her to stop by the dealership if they got a chance and inquire about the TR. She did, and was greeted by Tim Beers. He was very cordial, and showed her around a bit. Unfortunately, the TR was no longer available (apparently a consignment whose seller was reluctant) -- but he gave her his business card to pass on to me and I still have it on file attached to the TR ad.

Hopefully, I'll be able to pay them a visit personally in the near future and meet them as well.

Even though I ended up purchasing an '85 TR here in FL from Martin / Cavallino Motors, Steve Harris Imports will always be one of the top dealers in my book for any future purchases.

4. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I love the fact that someone out there is driving their Enzo....evidently quite a bit. Was the car for sale, or in for service?

5. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That would be the 'MM Enzo' and I don't think he'd be selling it. The owner had it, and some of his other cars, at a local Concours over the weekend (http://www.utahfoc.com/gallery/20040827/pres0000.htm).

6. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    The Enzo was NOT for sale. It was beautiful. I wish I was really rich and I would buy one.

7. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Congrats on your up-coming 430!

8. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    You sat in one famous Enzo. it is owned by Richard Lossee. the Road & Track car. remember they did a HUGE road test on it a while back, i believe sometime last year. the editors put some 1,000 miles on the car.

9. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
  10. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Doug M,
    I was wondering who owned the car. In all the excitement, I forgot to ask who the owner was. I thought is was somebody like Jon Huntsman. The sound of the engine was magical.

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Forgive me for not knowing....but what is the 'MM' for?

12. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul

'Most Miles' - and I think he does have the most miles of any Enzo. Richard is my hero! :)

13. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    You mean somene actually drives their Enzo, good for him. If I was lucky enough to have one, I'd drive it all the time, life's to short not to.