360 Spider prices... anyone buying? | FerrariChat

360 Spider prices... anyone buying?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ade, Sep 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Just out of interest I was looking at current RHD 360 spider prices (haven't looked for ages and ages) and was surpised to see four 360 spiders for sale for £99,500 (all silver/black) on autotrader mostly at Maranellos, and quite a lot of other ones around 100-105 price range in other colours.

This is very different to what I was seeing just before the summer (I guess obviously) with most at 110 (silver) - 120 (red) back then.

Is anyone waiting for the prices to come down to buy? Whats the prediction for the next 6-12 months?

This is all out of interest / for chat sake... I'm not looking to buy.... although I would be able to get insured.. so its tempting in some ways...

Ade

2. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    LHD ones for £75k too. Under £100k is common for RHD. Do you know if you could get insured on a diablo, as a stopgap to a murci?

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    I like the spyder better than the coupe but i dont like driving soft tops as it messes up your hair

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    you haven't got any

5. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    I think it’s a combination of the following

Car is now a few years old and quite a few early ones are coming off lease (you'd be surprised at the amount of Ferraris leased or bought with big personal contract hire agreements)
    Its no longer the hot must have toy (subjectively that is)
    The 430's just been announced (355's dipped when the 360 was announced only to bob up a bit when they started to be delivered)
    Stradale taking away some sales
    Terrible summer

In 10 years they'll be down to 30k like the 348's if not less due to the amounts of new cars being delivered, bearing in mind there are only a finite number of people who will run a 30k exotic and maintain them properly so the second hand buyers of the thousands of 348's and 355's will also have the choice of thousands of 360's (and 430's) Ferrari havent had to deal with the sheer amount of second hand cars before (think how many more cars are produced at maranello now compared to 20 years ago)

6. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    What hair?

7. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    It's not just the spider though. You can even get a modena for under £70k now.

8. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    70k modena pray tell

Is that a crashed one with neons and 100k miles on it

pm me if you know of one

cheers

9. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I guess its quite rare for a ferrari to be scrapped due to age - however that is the norm for other cars. So if that stays the same, in 40 yrs there will be 50% Ferraris and 50% other cars!!! :)

10. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    no mate, look on topmarques, 2 '99 F1s, 1 00 F1(at www.forza288.com)

1 rosso/blk with 26k miles @ £69,995
    1 yellow/blk with 29k miles @ £66,995

and the one at forza 288 is:

grey/blk with 35k miles and daytona seats @ £67,995

EDIT-that was to nickster

11. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    I know of a titanium 360 F1 with 36k on it, RHD, rear challenge grill, maranello s/h, electric daytona seats that you can have today, right now for in the region of 68k. Not from a dealer though... Not from me either....
    PM me if you want more info.

Rich

12. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Check out www.autotrader.co.uk. I think there might have been lots around 72K.. sure you can knock 'em down a couple of grand on the sale..

Thats still 20K over your typical 355 B

13. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Thanks for all the info, its good stuff.

For the moment, I'm more interested to hear what people think about the SPIDER in RHD at the moment and over the next 6 months...

14. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Can't see 360 Spider's suddenly dropping as they will still be made concurrently witht he 430 hard top for a couple of years. I think it's an interesting point though about the sheer volume of 'affordable' / 'useable' Ferraris becoming available as the years go on. This in itself may affect the general market (supply VS demand etc.).

I've done my nuts buying a 355 Spider, so 360 Spider prices (especially RHD), won't affect me ;-)

15. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Maybe will come down a few k more when the 430 comes out and people are more interested in that but I don't think you'll get a decent red one in 6months for less than £95k or silver for less than £90k. Don't often see yellow 360 spiders, bet they're worth a bit less-apparently yellow is the least desireable colour for 360s.

Paulnwgb is selling his 02 red/blk F1 I think...

16. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    I think you will look like a big poof in a convertible. Oh, hang on a minute....

Seriously though, whilst prices might have softened slightly recently I think they are going to stay that high over the Autumn and Winter months, and probably rise a little again next Summer. The 430 spider is a long way off and the Stradale is a different and much rarer beast, so I don't really think these will have much effect on the used prices of 360 Spiders.

I do agree with the point though that it depends on how many come off lease in the next 6 months and hence whether supply outstrips demand.

17. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Are you going to take that Ade? Kick him with your puma ballet shoes.

18. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

omph! I don't know who to kick first !! My pumas have just gone through the washing machine (as recommended by someone on our last ride-out), and they look awesume. Thats slightly Off-topic however.

Richard my friend, I will have to bring some good looking lady friends along to our next rideout to prove I am not gay in my soft-top (damn can only fit one in the car at a time!)

19. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    If you can find a bendy one, you could stick her in the front compartment...

20. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    It's a very interesting point. I think a lot more cars than at present will end up being broken for parts, or exported to somewhere like China? The mind boggles at the thought of repair and maintenance costs for a 20+ year old 355/360!

My local Jag dealer has a 360 Spyder (02 I think) advertised at a very optimistic £125k. Belonging to the Boss I imagine?

21. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd imagine the maintenance costs of a 355/360 over time will drop considerably when parts prices drop (as they have with 328s etc)

The 360 is probably going to be the most 'common' Ferrari in terms of build numbers, which will drive prices lower. As said ealier, there are plenty coming onto the market which is never healthy for residuals.

My guess is that you will be able to pick up an early 360 Spider in 6 months for £85k.

Robert.

22. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    That's a big drop in 6 months. Are you going to buy one Robert? Natural progression from 355 GTS, I guess.