Today: SLR, 996TT, 4 Continental GTs, Maybach, Phantom, SL55 | FerrariChat

Today: SLR, 996TT, 4 Continental GTs, Maybach, Phantom, SL55

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by SupercarFreak, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    #1 SupercarFreak, Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    I see you took a visit to Euro Motor cars...:) Im really lucky because my grandma lives within walking distance. Apparently they have all those Continental GTs in there because the Region manager is there and he is showing them off at various places in the US. Have you ever been in the huge garage in the back...almost every MB they are producing now, plus the top deck has some old RRs in plastic bubbles...but dont let them see you up there.;)

3. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Having trouble editing my post...also

that 996TT has been there probably 4 times when Im in the area, maybe a salesman or something? Also, ask someone to help you look at the Maybach, i got to sit in it and start it with the keyless go!

4. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Awesome pictures. I've never before been moved by a luxury car, but that RR is simple jawdropping.

5. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    my first visit there, i went out back to take the 2 pics of the CL55 and saw how HUGE the place is, it must easily be the biggest mercedes dealer in maryland, i could be wrong though.

6. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    haha, you're an aggressive customer :D
    whoever owns that Turbo has great taste in cars ;)

7. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    #7 bludevil12, Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think its one of the biggest on the East Coast...but I also could be wrong. With the Maybach, I just wandered in and they asked if they could help me and I said, nope, just came to look at the Maybach...and the receptionist said, oh well ill send someone out to help you out. I wasnt complaining :)

Here are some interior-up close maybach shots....pretty awesome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    its a nice luxury car, but since im not 90 and my back isn't broken, id obviously spend my money elsewhere

9. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Well, I think it would be more appiclable in a situation where, you already have 2 or 3 lambos, or fcars, and need a nice sedan to tote around the family. Definetly not a, spend all your money on and have a daily driver camry, type of car.;)

10. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    even so, i'd be more likely to purchase a M5 or E55 or S55, there's no way in hell i'd spend 300-400K on a sedan, thats for my supercar :p

11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL

The Maybach is for people who don't have to choose between the cars you mentioned -- they have all the want.

12. gentry

gentry Guest

HOLY JEEBUS

That red on red GT is gorgeous.

Ill take one. I have driven the GT and its a great car. ANyone else here ever driven one?

13. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    i've heard what it's like to drive one. very, very heavy car at 5,000 pounds, numb steering, lazy cornering, very powerful engine, brakes with lack of feel.

14. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I drove one and although it is heavy, I didn't experience what you are saying. Sounds like a journalist that is used to throwing a 911 around a track. This is a gt car not a track car. I thought it was great for what it was designed for with enough speed to make it interesting!

15. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    yeah its great for what it was designed for, i guess it's just not my type of car. btw i live in kensington.