Hi from a Down Under lurker in London | FerrariChat

Hi from a Down Under lurker in London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jamsvx, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jamsvx

Jamsvx Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    James D
    Hi

I thought I would put up a short post saying hello and introducing myself.

I've been a lurker on here for some time now and spent a lot of time in Sydney reading about the various exploits and shenanigans!! My wife and I arrived in the UK (London) about 3 weeks age and are here for18months on a working holiday and never, in my life, have I ever seen so many F-cars in one place!!

Our recent marraige is under threat as I ignore the sights of Kensington etc and instead yabber like a fool as I see an F550 ahead, a 355 to my right and the howl of a 360 somewhere from behind. Camera is out, beatings from wife are in! She is getting a bit fed up and could not understand the almost complete loss of control as our friend spotted a black SLR. Enough of the marital bliss....

Anyways, in Australia I drove a Subaru SVX and started the Australian club for them. How does this relate to F-cars? I was also part of a drive-day club run by a group of the nicest people you could hope to meet who had many a Sunday jaunt - when I only had a Camry, I was still able to be a passenger in a F348 Challenge, Mondial, 328 and when I finally (took 2 years to find the right one!) bought the SVX, I am able to conclusively say that on windy roads, it puts up a good show with older F-cars and bore, with pride, the stone chips from some low flying F355's.

As we are in London for a while, I thought I would just put my hand up and say hi *hi* and hope that you don't mind an non F-car owner (come to think of it, I no longer have a car and have to rely on the Ferrari red Stagecoach double deckers.....feel the speed!) posting from time to time.

Cheers

James

PS: Murci v Zonda's down city roads....what else could you wish for!

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi James,
    you're most welcome here, regardless of car. ;)

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Quite- welcome- All that it necessary to partake here is enthusiasm and a thick skin!

I hope you can survive the climate here in the UK and have an enjoyable time here (no BBQs here at christmas, unless you're insane!)

You should try to get along to one of the London area drive-outs...

Robert.

4. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    James,

Everyone is welcome here; even Autralians!

What Robert says about a thick skin is perfectly true as we attempt to slay one and other on a daily basis!

Perhaps you can hook up with some of out London contingent, and maybe blag a ride to a driveout somtime. If you can hitch a ride "joey" style then there are some of us gathering up at Cobbham, just off the M25 on the 16th.....

5. Jamsvx

Jamsvx Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    James D
    Thanks for that guys - would be great to try and make it to some of the events.

Looking foward to meeting up

Cheers

James

PS: weather should not be so bad since I grew up in Ireland (where it is even worse!) but I fear my poor wife will freeze!