Magnolia Villiage Car Show, Sat. 9/18/04 | FerrariChat

Magnolia Villiage Car Show, Sat. 9/18/04

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Okay, you guys wanted something else to do...here it is:
    http://www.villageautoshow.com

This event has been running for the past fours years or so, and well worth attending. It is comprised of a rather eclectic mix of cars, from classics, to street rods, race cars, and everything in between. There are always at least a half dozen or more Ferraris present. (Bob Adkins, myself, Dave Quick, Brian Lopriore, have participated) Most of the participants are residents of Magnolia, Queen Anne and Ballard, and as you know, there are some noted collectors around Magnolia, such as John Goodman (Goodman Racing), Ken McBride, and many others...so expect a lot of interesting cars. Ever heard of a King? That will be there, I'm sure...

Last year was only so-so turn out, as it fell on the same date as the Kirkland Concours...not this year, so hopefully a lot of us can turn out, and make it an informal "Ferrari Show". $10 per car to show.....

It is a kick to hang out, see all the cars, and Magnolia has plenty of places to eat...(we even have a new Italian deli), Greek restaurant, teriyaki joint, Subway, Tully's, Starbucks, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, pizza, etc. all within one block of the show.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Great idea. I wanted to go last year but ran out of time. I will keep it in mind

3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Dave,
    I just got the postcard for this the other day and was meaning to post, but have been out of town. Looks like a fun event, plus, it's free to the public. I think I'm gonna put my 308 in. Even though it's got some paint flaws, why not...??? Like you said, cheap to show.
    Let's make it a Ferrari show!!!
    See you there.
    etip

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    It isn't concours and believe me yours won't be the only one with flaws...........................

5. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I'd be down but it conflicts with the Sun Mountain trip....

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    BTW, in years past, they did not have any ropes around the cars, I mentioned this to the sponsors, and they assure me they will do something about it this year....so not to worry. The issue was really with all the strollers, and the occaisional bicyclist, rather than the usual folks strolling through.

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thats one thing I didn't enjoy too much about the Greenwood Show, strollers and bikes.

8. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    So just curious....how many of you have signed up??

Dave

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I haven't signed up. Will they take me anyway?

10. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I haven't signed up either, but was going to send an email and see when they need it by. Are other F-chatters planning on going?

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'm sure they would, but call or email the sponsors....
    http://www.villageautoshow.com/

I am planning to sign up today, and mail in my payment. The deadline to receive payment and forms is this Friday, Sept 17th.

I am pretty sure they would even take you the day of the event, if you brought a signed form and $10 in hand.....

12. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Sweet, I just have to drive up the hill next door :) like 1 min away.

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The way it's looking this week I think I'll see what the weather does before I commit. If they won't take my money at the gate I'll park outside and wander in for a look.

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    One of the sponsors called me today, and said that anyone that wishes to bring the form and $10 on the day of the show, "no problem". He just asks that you call him, as he is planning to purchase some barrier tape and poles for those of us that would like them to keep the unwary stroller from "contact distance".... ;)

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thanks Dave,
    Ironically my 308 may be trapped this Saturday. I moved it out of the basement and into the shop last Saturday so it wouldn't get trapped when I dug the utilities trench around the side and back of the house.

Now the concrete contractor came by today and put in his forms for the pad out front trapping the car in the garage! He won't be pouring until next week so I may have to get creative and ramp my way out.

16. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    "MacGyver" something....get it outa there!!! ;)

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    A bit of lumber and a small jet engine should do the trick.:p

18. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That would be one way to get more power behind that 308! Let me know if it works out I might buy one too! I'll just have to remember not to ride behind you on the next drive.

19. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Looks kinda nasty out today, I heard tomorrow is supposed to be nice. Is anyone planning on going? if so, what time. thanks,
    Etip

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I was considering it but I have an appointment with a contractor and a 150 foot ditch tomorrow. It's crunch time on my outdoor projects.

If this crap weather is a sample of the kind of fall we are going to have I need to get the hustle on!

I am signed up for both days at Festa Italiana, Oct 2nd & 3rd. The weather for that was great last year.

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    You can still pick up J35's for a pretty good price.:p

22. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    How much thrust does a J35 have?

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Only about 6,000 lbs if I remember correctly. A simple suck-and-blow axial jet engine from the 50's commonly found on exhibition cars at the drags. The better one and more common is the J42.

24. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    How did the car show go? Pictures?

25. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Turn out was ok. As you know, rain kept some of the cars away. I only saw Dave Handa's 328. I was going to take my car, but the rain... Tyson of AGS had his yellow 355. There was a Porsche GT3 and a restored 356 speedster. Some other cool ones, but nothing too stand out (in my book).
    Looking forward to the Seattle Center Italian event in a couple weeks.