any dentists on board? | FerrariChat

any dentists on board?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by fanatic1, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Can you tell me what exactly goes into making a crown, and why are they so expensive? Just your average crown is right around 1000.00 with no other work performed and no other problem areas. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me.

thanks.

2. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    To fanatic1, price range for a crown depends on what types, materials made, and where you live. Price could range from $450- $1000+ per crown.
    Type of crowns- all porcelain, gold, metal, all composite, porcelain bonded to gold or metal (precious, semi-precious...) , or could be one of the lab inventions ( allceram, ceramtech...)
    Location- if you live in Berverly Hills, Palm Beach... price of service would be more than if you live in the Midwest or the South, you get the picture. My price of a porcelain crown here in No.CA is about $650-$700, but it could be more depends who and where you go (ie. San Francisco)
    Here is the link for steps processing a crown:
    www.animated-teeth.com/dental_crowns/t4_dental_crowns_steps.htm or do google search on: steps making a dental crown
    Henry, hope this help.