Owners in Salem, Corvallis, & Eugene area | FerrariChat

Owners in Salem, Corvallis, & Eugene area

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Ron328, Sep 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Maybe it's quite premature to post but I have a job prospect in the area
    and am very curious about the above. If things work out, it may be
    3 1/2-5 months before we move so I may not be able to contact or hook up
    right away but I'll certainly keep tag of this thread and hope to meet you guys at some point. Anybody?

Ron

2. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    i filled up my 328 on the starterless drive up in salem and the attendent had commented to me: "wow, we dont see these here." So i asked him what exactly he meant? And he said they all live in portland!

but there have got to be some!

3. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    "...but there have got to be some!"[/QUOTE]

I really hope so :)!

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I believe there are a few south of Portland. They just haven't seen this thread yet.

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I have found 9 NW chapter members in the Eugene/Salem area. Don't know how active they are but those are the numbers.

If you don't already belong to the FCA, join. Much easier to hook up.

6. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks Spasso. You're right about being an FCA member
    (w/c I am). I'll probably know more when I change chapter. That's how I got hooked up with FCA members where I live now.

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Good luck on your job hunt.
    Don't tell anybody but the Pacific Northwest is a good place to live as long as you don't mind darkness starting at 4:30 pm during the winter. You'll need and a special budget for cases of windshield wiper blades too.:D

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Hans Hansen,a chatter is down there.

9. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Spasso, so long as I don't get a lot of snow, I'll be alright! (I think). Where are you BTW?

mw575, you live in to Lake Oswego? I saw the exit/sign there (I-5 or I-205?) when I drove from Portland airport to down south.

10. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    65 miles north of Seattle.

We get a little snow once in a while but don't worry about knowing how to drive in it. It seems most of the people around here don't know how either. Just drag out the 500.00 beater and give it a shot.:p

ICE is the biggest problem during the winters.

11. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm in Portland. However, there is a guy from Salem who posts here frequently. I think his username is "Wasco."

Joining the FCA is a good idea. Also, the local dealer (Ron Tonkin) sometimes organizes drives.

12. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I see in the newsletter there is a guy in town ( Salem ) selling his 328 upgrading to a 348? A buddy of mine that owned the Night Deposit in Salem had a 308 GTB. So a few have graced salem. Hans is 2 hours south on I-5 in Roseburg. I lived in cornvally for 6 yrs in the late 80's and never saw an F-car.

Must be several in Eugene, I see them for sale now and again at Executive Auto Sales.

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Ron,

It would be great to have another enthusiast in the area! Let me know if you relocate an I will offer to show you around. I and I am sure others on here know the area very well and would be more than happy to answers questions.

Randy

14. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks Randy. I look forward to meeting you guys. Again, it may be another 3-5 months but I will contact you through this site when we're settled. I will continue to follow this thread. Thanks for the reply.

Ron

15. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi all. I accepted a job offer in Corvallis (OR) and plan to be there sometime
    this December or January. I know things will be hectic the first few months
    but I plan to hook up with you guys in the future. Thank you again for those who responded and I'll continue to follow this thread from time to time.

Randy, which town are you located at?

Ron

16. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hi Ron,
    there are some particularly wonderful folks who recently traded in their award winning 328 on a brand new 360 Spyder who live in Springfield. You will absolutely love these folks. Their enthusiam will warm your heart. Very knowledgable people.
    I will email them with your comments & when you get here, I'll help you make the contacts.

17. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks, Byron. Looking forward to it. Ron

18. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I live in Salem about half an hour from corvallis. I lived there while at OSU from 83 to 87. I loved it, great town. Only 45 minutes to the Coast on a great twisty road.

19. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    Hey Ron--I moved to the Pacific Northwest from Missouri over thirty years ago and never looked back. :) Have been in Eugene for nearly thirty years now, and don't plan on leaving soon. My first F-car is *still* on the way here from Florida; see thread:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37320

I joined FCA online several days ago, but have yet to get any membership info. I'm looking forward to hooking up with other members & F-chatters once my 360 finds its way here. ("Should" be here Saturday, is the latest word from the transporter.)

Glad to answer any questions/provide any input I can regarding Eugene & the surrounding area. Where in Missouri are you from? I grew up in the southwestern corner, graduated college & medical school in Columbia, and interned in KC, before heading west...

dn

20. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    A friend of mine lives in Salem and it's just a short drive
    to Corvallis. Am sure we'll be there every so often. My wife and I drove to the coast (Newport bay?) and it was beautiful! The more I see more of Oregon, the more I think I made the right decision! See ya soon!

Ron

21. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi David. I live in a small "sleepy" town called "Ste. Genevieve" (60 miles S of STL) but am originally from Manila, Philippines. Been (in MO) for 7 1/2 years.

I see you're an MD. What's your specialty? Am an internist.
    Was in NJ and NY for my residency and fellowship, respectively.

Hope to meet you (and of course, the rest of our fellow chatters here) & see your 360! I plan to be in Corvallis
    by the third week of Decmber. (I just hate the moving part!).

Ron