Performance Chips -- Again? | FerrariChat

Performance Chips -- Again?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by shawsan, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    As many of you probably know, BMW owners seek out a performance chips like gazelles in search of water -- for example, chips made by Dinan, Jim Conforti or Racing Dynamics. Thus, I have one in my M5.

As a 355 Newbie, however, I've not seen any discussion on performance chips, and therefore presume they don't exist. Yet, I just read a (bogus?) claim by a 355 owner that he had a Racing Dynamics chip in his car. Checked Racing Dynamics but they seem devoted only to BMW.

Am I to presume that with it's 3 intake and 2 exhaust values and high compression ratio of 11:1 that the 355 has been so exquisitely tuned that nothing more can meaningfully be squeaked out.

Shawsan

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Do some searching.... You will find threads on the topic. I have read that there are mod chips but most don't see an increase in HP worth anything. Most people are moding the exhaust. Also, there are a couple of new threads about a twin turbo that a few of us are keeping our eyes on.

Congrats on the 355

I drove mine to dinner tonight... a great drive

Also, fill out your profile... you'll get more help

3. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip