Italian Happening whos going | FerrariChat

Italian Happening whos going

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by skipgt4, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Just wanted to get an idea of who may be at the Italian Happening this Sunday (9/5). I'm not sure if I will drive the gt/4 or not, but if you will be there list our car so we can try to find each other.

2. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I hope you make it will be a fine event, and I understand weather is to be perfect. See my profile for picture of my car.

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I plan to be there, more likely Sunday than Saturday. I even hope to drag or push the 308!

4. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I might bring out the 348 Spider.

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I'm also going to be there.

6. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I've never been to this event. How would you say it compares to the Concourso d' Italia a month ago at Meadowbrook?

7. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Mike and John I look forward to meeting you and talking about your cars as soon as I sell my 308 I plan on up grading to 95 348 or 355.

8. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Jerry it is a very nice event draws all kind of Italian Cars and motorcycles from five states usally 150 to 200 vehicles. I would say it isn't as up scale as Concours Italian more of a lay back event, but very well done. I believe their will be about 7 vendors. Their will be awards given for various classes look forward to meeting you at the event.

I would also like to announce to all that my wife Carolyn and myself will be taking over running the event starting next year due to the retirement of Tom Rossi, and moving south.
    I look forward to meeting all who attend to discuss what everyone would like to see next year to make an excellent event even better.

I also will be at Waterford track on Saturday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM for Make A Wish drive for youngsters.

9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry,this event is as John said. Very laid back and low key. But still very worthwhile and interesting.It has always been a fun event to meet fellow gearheads !
    John , am looking forward to meeting you also.Look for a yellow 355 spider !

10. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    John, Nice to hear that you are taking over next year. How did a Ferrari guy get the job? The Alfa club has had a firm grip on running this event for a lot of years.
    My dad is bringing the 308 GTS this year and I will try to get the 308 gt/4 down there, so we will be sitting near the Ferraris not the Lamborghinis.
    You can print the regist. form from their site http://italianh.ehost.com/ See you all on Sunday.

11. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    John, if I make it, I'll most likely be wearing a black Ferrari ball cap, and I'll probably attach my FCA name badge on it so people can figure out who I am. When I went to the Concorso, it was funny, I easily found Jerry's TR, your 308, among other members cars. I couldn't seem to locate any of the people! I felt like an a$$ asking people: "Is that your TR?" "Is that your 308?" "Are you Jerry?" Sheesh!

I figure if I wear my FCA name tag, I'll look like less of a dork than if I wore one of those stick on tags with: "Hello, My Name is..."

Hopefully I'll see you guys down there. If not, I'm sure I'll at least see your cars! :)

Mike

12. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Looking forward to meeting everyone, and enjoy the day. I also will wear my FCA badge have a safe trip.

13. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    I might be able to make it. Unfortunately not with a Ferrari, probably my Cobra. I know, I said the "C" word. Hope to see you guy's there.

Ross

14. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I didn't end up making it to the Italian Happening yesterday. How was it? Any pics?

15. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I didn't either, I went to Auburn. I just can't seem to tear myself away from that auction every labor day. I saw a 1968 Z-28 go for 1,050,000 (the only one in existence) on Saturday. It would have fetched more but on Thursday the keys, title and original bill of sale were stolen from the owner's Suburban.

16. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I hope someone took pictures, and will post them it was a wonderful day about 160 cars great representation of all Italian cars. I was so busy getting to meet everyone forgot to take pictures. I have received a lot of good ideas for next year will wait about two weeks to get all input form a group,and go to work for next year.

17. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    The show was like the shows in the past with the exception that some of the regular cars were not in attendance. The F-40 and Lusso were not there. Cauley had a great looking red Stadale in their display. There was a great looking Boxer spyder that I had not seen before. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera, so no photos. But, Overall a good show.

Ross

18. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    What in Sam Hill is that green thing?
    Is there an X1/9 hidden under there somewhere, and what kinda motor's it got???

19. x19er

x19er Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Pleasant View, UT
    Full Name:
    John Lagerquist
    It's a Hawkridge HF2000 Lancia Stratos replica. It is built on a tube frame chassis. http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/hf3000/index.html

It belongs to a friend of mine in the metro Detroit area. It's pretty fun but my head hits the ceiling - very small cockpit, makes my X1/9 feel big.

John

20. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    I believe that this car has a Lancia 2.0 in it. I am told that you can get the Alfa V6 to fit.
    George with the F40 drive a Diablo roadster this year.

21. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Thank you for photo's first one black 308 is mine nice picture and my wife just walking to right in back ground.

22. x19er

x19er Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Pleasant View, UT
    Full Name:
    John Lagerquist
    skipgt4: The car does have a Lancia 2.0 liter in it. The most popular conversion is the Alfa V6. There is a 308/328 option as well. There is a 308 engined one somewhere in PA.

funshipone: I have some more pics of your car in much higher res if you want them (1600 x 1200) I think. Let me know.