Any NC Ferrari Owners on Here??? | FerrariChat

Any NC Ferrari Owners on Here???

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by dmcgibbo, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmcgibbo

dmcgibbo Guest

Hey,
    I live in Raleigh and was wondering if there were any other NC Ferrari owners on this board? I've seen a grey 360 and a few red older ferrari's, a 308 and even a testarossa. I know a yellow ferrari is in stonebridge subdivision, but they are probably not on this board.

Just saying hello!

Specifically I was wondering about Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill not Charlotte and Greensboro b/c I know there are several there...

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

348.. Winston-Salem.

There's a large contingent of Fcar/Fchat owners here.

3. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Apparently there's enough to necessitate a board! ;)

360 Spider red/black- Charlotte

4. dmcgibbo

dmcgibbo Guest

yeah but you guys/gals are all in charlotte/gboro/winston/etc. all west of raleigh/durham. i was wondering who was in my area b/c i NEVER see any nice Fcars but saw a titanium grey 360 a few days ago. I think it was Gamble360 but it was a woman driving it so I was curious who it was.

What do you all do? It's interesting to see what line of work Fcar owners are in. I'm also on the BMW M5 forum and there's a great group of people there as well but not many NCer's.

So anyone worried about Hurricane Frances? Definitely parking my car in the garage haha...

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Well, when it gets out of the shop.

North Raleigh, near Six Forks Road.

6. dmcgibbo

dmcgibbo Guest

and ur an obgyn? i live off six forks/mt. vernon as well but i've never seen a 348 in raleigh.

7. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    I live in Raleigh just off of Ridge Road. I have a 330GTC, 365GT2+2 and a M6. I am in the sheet metal fabrication business.

8. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Are you a member of FCA? I show we have 17 members in the three cities you mentioned.

Mike Charness
    www.fca-se.com

9. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Raleigh - black 328 - lawyer.

Hey Tinbender - I'm in the market for a M6 - let me know if you get ready to sell - Thanks, st.tully

10. NC Mondial

NC Mondial Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Paul Stahl
    As of 10 days ago I am the owner of an '82 Mondail. Just got it home last night from CA.

Raleigh - Systems Engineer for a law firm

11. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    Yellow 360 Spider/ Wakefield area

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Yep, plenty of Ferraris in the Triangle!

A US F40, 550 Maranello, 575M, several 355's, a couple of 360's, several TR's, a ton of 308, 328 and many 348's, a Daytona, TWO "Queen Mothers", you name it, they are here in the area!

When Steve Barney started Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro in 1978, that is what began the population of cars in this area (the Triangle) in earnest.

NC has always been a great repository of older cars. Norm Silver some time ago, Bob Rapp and Tom Williamson now in the Triad, Chris Cox in Chapel Hill (some time ago) have all had mouthwatering examples in their stables.

There are a LOT of cars in Wake/Durham/Orange counties.

They often come out to FCA events locally.

Hope to see you there.

-Peter

13. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Hey Peter...that F40 has left the Carolinas....she now lives in Miami =-(...sad to see her leave

Ciao'

Steve
    www.sportauto.cc

14. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

...but it's still on Fchat, right? I believe it's William H.'s new car down in Miami.

15. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Marvelous car!

Thanks, Steve.

-Peter

16. Racin

Racin Rookie

Nov 30, 2003
    Southeastern US
    Full Name:
    Will
    How about in Greensborro with Foreign Cars Italia?

Where do most of their cars end up if not in the NC surrounding area?

The dude with the yellow Enzo that was in the magazine (Car and Driver article last year?) Anybody on here know him?

17. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

The "dude" with the yellow Enzo is one of the individuals pictured in this thread: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31104 , however, I think most people in the group would take exception to saying he's the only "dude" in North Carolina.

I mean really, can you look at that fine sampling of mankind and tell me they're not all "dudes"?

:)

18. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    The guy in C&D is Richard Losee, my hero now that he has hit 20k on his Enzo. Congrats for him!

He also used it to raise money for charity, a bunch of rich people got together and they auctioned off hot laps in the Enzo with him. He raised like 150k and gave it all to a Cancer foundation... :)

19. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
  20. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Can't speak for Foreign Cars, but here at Sport auto our cars end up all over the place. Most of our Lamborghinis end up in our service region, we will sell a few used cars outside the area, but most stay within the NC,SC,VA,TN,KY area.

Our Ferraris end up in the north east a lot and in Claifornia. I have even delivered a 355 spider to Alaska, and a Dino to Costa Rica. I just sold a 328 to an Engineer in Raleigh.

There are a Lot of Ferrari's here in Greensboro and Winston Salem....you just have to get out to the events to see them most of the time. Also keep in mind that only about one in 10 Ferari owners give a crap about the FCA,FOC or Ferrari Chat for that matter. A lot of people buy them and could care less about hanging out with other owners....kind of sad. We should all do all we can to keep the cars in great shape and share them with others as best we can

Ciao'

Steve

PS...yes...the F40 belongs to William....super nice guy...a real pleasure to work with

21. Morrie

Morrie Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Sarasota/Asheville
    My 308 QV will be cruising in Asheville soon. I had a 328 here a while back.

22. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #22 nicholasn, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    Hello all, new user here!

I don't see a ton of Ferrari's, but I'll try to list them all:

There is one Red 458 Italia Spider in the area. It is owned by user "MarkNC." He also owns an FF and a McLaren MP4-12C Spider.

There is a red Testarossa that I have seen parked at an auto repair shop on Capital Blvd. just north of downtown. I think the guy who owns the shop owns the Ferrari.

I have seen two red F430 Coupes in Cary, one in the Whole Foods parking lot, and the other at the intersection of Tryon Rd. and Cary Pkwy. One has an F1 transmission, and the other has a manual, otherwise I would probably think they were the same one. I think one of the owners might live in Lochmere. I haven't seen either of them in years, though, so I'm not sure if they are still around.

I have also seen a silver F430 Spider on Walnut St. in Cary, turning into the Crossroads Shopping Center. Don't know the whereabouts of the owner, although he may have traded it for an Aston Martin DB9.

There is also a white California I have seen a few times on Wade Ave. in front of the Whole Foods there.

About two miles down the road, I once saw a red F360 turn into a road off of Wade Ave. I haven't seen it since.

I have also seen a yellow F360 Spider driving around in downtown Raleigh, but I have only seen it once as well.

I can't think of any other Ferrari's I have personally seen in the Raleigh/Cary area outside of Cars & Coffee, but I will be sure to report to everyone if I do.

23. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Wow. Talk about raising a thread from the dead.
    Hey, that rhymed.

24. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
  25. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Haha, this thread is actually what brought me to this site. I was trying to find out what Ferrari's are in the Raleigh area, and this thread popped up on Google.