Reaturant needed | FerrariChat

Reaturant needed

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Ricambi America, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Help! I need to find a decent restaurant to host a dinner for about 10 clients when I'm in SF in a few weeks. Our events will be at the Moscone Center, so it must be within easy walking distance from there.

It's a Wednesday night (Sep 22), if that matters. Any recommendations in the $30/person category?

Thanks in advance!

-Daniel

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Try Lulu, not too far a walk (816 Folsom), and very nice. Price range sounds about right.

http://san.francisco.diningguide.net/data/d100337.htm

Gary

3. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Agree with Gary: Lulu's. Was just there (again) last weekend. You can call for reservations. Dishes are served family style (i.e., made for sharing). Chicken, pork loin, prime rib, sand dabs - all good, flavourful. With appetizers and dessert, I'd say closer to ~$40/person though (without wine).

The sister restaurant, Asian cuisine, is also nice.

The View (a bar) at the top of the Marriott is nice for a nightcap IF the fog hasn't rolled in.

-- Rick --

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Alfred's in the Alley.....

Great steaks and 50 scotches on the menu!

DL

5. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
  6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    For a short walk, try 'Dine' or take a cab to the Waterfront Restaurant. I believe it's at Pier 7. Excellent fare.

7. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Was just at Alfred's a couple days ago. Excellent steaks. Great atmosphere to bring clients to. Just off Kearny.

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Outstanding! Thanks so much for the recommendations.

-Daniel

9. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    You could also try Farallon at 450 Post, Cortez at 550 Geary, Carnelian Room at the top of the Bank of America center, Scala's Bistro in the Sir Francis Drake Hotel.

10. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Bacar on Harrison and 2nd.Great food and excellent wine selection.

11. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'd recommend Alfreds, but I think that you'll find that 30 isn't going to work there. It's a little pricier than that. Their beef is the best in town though.

Art

12. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I'd recomend the Carnelian Room, it's on top of Bank of America, and the views are unbeliveable. They have a bunch of dining rooms of different sizes that they rent for special events. It WILL impres. (but might go over your limit, even withought wine.)

http://www.carnelianroom.com/

13. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    There are a number of eateries in the Metreon Center,across the street from Moscone that are good and reasonably priced.Also,many different menus;Italian,French,American,Asian,etc.