Just back from speed awareness workshop | FerrariChat

Just back from speed awareness workshop

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by woza, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. woza

woza Karting

Aug 27, 2004
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Warren O'Connell
    ok so i was clocked doing 36mph and got offered the chance of taking the points and paying the £60 fine or going on a 3 hour speed awareness workshop and pay £70. I opted for the workshop but my god how bored was i! 3 hours of an ex copper drooling on about random rubbish. Most people in there looked just as uninterested as myself.

Some interesting facts came out of it, in the thames valley area which covers 3 counties there are 330 speed camera sites, 22 cameras out of those are actually working at any one time. Just goes to show u that hardly any of them actually do work. Just a shame the camera was on duty when i drove through it at 36!!

IMO worth paying the £70 to dodge the points! Just thought you would all like to know, they have only introduced it in a few countys and you only get offered the course if you are a certain speed over the limit. 36 in a 30 not sure about others. if you are caught doing 20 over the limit you get offered another course which is 4 hours long and involves some driving, good way to save having youre license taken away though!!!

Woza

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    It'd be nice if there was some consistency; I got done a few yrs ago when these schemes were introduced, but all I got was a letter with some crummy 'speed kills' flyer and an invitation to pay £60 + 3 points... pah.

Robert.

3. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    I did one in preston in march.

I dreaded it but actually quite enjoyed it.

I now have an intricate knowledge of leyland,lancashire,no idea how valuable I'll find that though.

In August I drove off to italy for hols.On the morning I left,they had sent me a free pack which included a flourescent vest which is apparently essential in italy.Telepathic or what.

Must confess I havent watched the video yet though.

An I hit 160 on the M6 toll home.Allegedly.