OT: Congestion Charge Penalty | FerrariChat

OT: Congestion Charge Penalty

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by EK3R, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Has anyone here been nabbed by the CC penalty?? Reason I ask is that I drove into work last Friday, and due to one thing and another completely forgot to pay my CC. So far I haven't recieved a penalty notice, but can't believe I managed to evade all their cameras when I drove into the City past Bank etc.

Anybody know how long it takes them to send out the penalty (he says hoping for a miracle that he has somehow managed to not get caught on camera...)

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Dream on, Eric. It can take up to 2 wks :(

3. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    I think it takes 1 week, and they will tell you on the letter which road the camera caught you on.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  5. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Wishful thinking I know.....

Annoying thing is I told myself at least 5 times during the day 'Right, the very next thing I am going to do is pay the charge'. Drove home and completely forgot until quarter past midnight - DOH!

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Eric,
    I've done this myself too. To avoid doing it again, i've reg'd to pay by text. Simply txt the last 4 digits of your credit card to CC London and , hey presto :D

7. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Cheers Tony, will check it out.

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London

No, no, no - keep dreaming - probability is very low but I drove in, phoned to pay and was told I could not pay as they had no record. Got away with it and this was many months ago and never received any letters.

Don't bet on it - just dream.

9. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Well so far still nothing.

Now I have said that, its obviously going to be waiting for me when I get home....

10. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    I got had last year. Totally forgot. Drove in to work and got had going over Blackfriars Bridge.

I'd left the coutry by the time I got an e-mail saying I had to pay. Damn thing cost me £80! (I think).

You never know, you might just have got away with it. If not, I think it goes up the longer you dont pay. Isnt next day £10?

11. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Isn't the UK a great place

12. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Well, so far heard absolutely bugger all - and it will be 2 weeks ago tomorrow.

I cannot believe for a minute that I didn't pass a single camera going through The Mall, down the Embankment, up Cheapside, past Bank and down Fenchurch St.

Probably find out that the penalty notice got lost in the post, and I owe them about 200 quid now.... :)

13. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    If it's anything similar to speeding fines then they have to send the notifications by Recorded/Registered mail to prove you got it within the 2 week period.

My dad got stung because he drove down to London for the day and didn't even though the charge existed.

He sent the cheque off without a stamp and addressed it to "Dick Turpin" They still cashed the cheque so you might as well save yourself the price of a stamp if you ever get done in future

14. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

I've paid 3 fines so far that 130 quids (used to be 40 pounds, now 50 for payment next day). I've probably only paid 300 quid in 'proper' charges, so its a great extra earner for the government.

Everytime I've been caught is where I parking in the zone overnight, then drove OUT in the morning and completely forgot due to it not being my routine.. doh! The system SUCKS.