360 on ebay...what do you think? | FerrariChat

360 on ebay...what do you think?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ingenere, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I cvhecked out a 360 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488624839&category=6212)

It 'sounds' great....but you know how that goes....

The seller emailed me and stated that he was selling so cheap because he (and the car) are in Spain...and since it is a US car that it doesn't meet Spanish emmission standards! That sounded a little fishy...I thought we were on par w/the EU.

The guy has a great feedback rating...but I am a bit suspicious. What do you guys think?

Ciao
    Dino

2. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    Something does not sound right I would be very careful. Ask for a copy of the title to be faxed to you with current registration, also perform a carfax.

Good luck.

3. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Smells fishy to me (saw it on E-bay before you posted). The car goes between $135,000-$150,000.00 US dollars and he's selling for $80,000.00! If he just brings it to any dealer, they would give him more than that. There are other experts on this forum that know a lot more than I do, but what I would do, if your REALLY interested is, go to Spain (make that your vacation and pleasure), have the car checked out at a Ferrari dealer. If all is well, then you got a great buy. The only cost to you is for the inspection (if owner lets you), and shipping. Without you going there or having someone in Spain that you can trust to check it out, then the deal is not for you unless your a risk taker, which can cost you a lot of $$ if something is not right here. Good Luck!

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

Even more fishy...is the guy told me that he'll pay shipping and insurance!!

Ciao
    Dino

5. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    12 cylinder? 6 speed tiptronic? Pre-Approved bidders only? Definately a scam.

6. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    The Ebay ad indicates that the car is in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. No mention of Spain. You'd think he would mention that if it's the reason for the discount. This appears too good to be true.

7. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Contact Ferrari and ask if they have a Dealer where this guy lives and if they can check the car out for you. If the car checks out, take him up on the shipping and insurance. If Ferrari says its OK, thats a comfort level that you can live with (I think). Then you get an amazing car for relativley very little money. I had Laser surgery on my eyes today, so my typing is a little off. If your interested, then pursue it!

8. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Hijacked account.
    We've seen these kinds of guys, for whatever reason (and I don't know what it is, except that maybe it helps keep you further away from involvement with the alleged vehicle) they offer to pay shipping.
    I didn't notice anyone mentioning how they expect payment, but you can bet they won't do escrow.
    I'm going to ask ebay to check out the seller.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    12 cyl 360 with cruise control. Pretty rare unit, somebody should snap it up.

10. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I didn't notice it, but it says that its located in Indiana not Spain. What gives!!

11. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    It could also be that he hijacked a good eBay account and is posting that way. Red flags are all the way up the pole on this one. Why would the car be in Spain now when those pictures are obviously taken in the USA (look at the number and size of the SUVs in the background...not in Spain for sure). One of the pictures has a Suburban and a Corvette in the same picture. The odds of seeing two of those (at once!) in Spain are probably worse than winning the lottery.

Why don't you have fun with this guy? Make him do all sorts of things to prove that he has the car. Tell him that you need his bank account information so that you can wire the money directly into his account from your bank in Nigeria.

Best of luck sorting this one out. I hope that it is as great as it seems, but I highly doubt it.

12. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I just noticed it has side air bags, now that's a real rare unit.

13. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Good eye! Ask the guy where the picture was taken. I'm sure he will say Spain, and then 99% he's lying. My feeling is if "its too good to be true, then its not for you!"

14. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    No longer on ebay.

15. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I especially like the touch about the Nigerian bank account, LOL!